Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

pal1

Hi all

I need 4 new tyres for my 06 d4d. I know the topic has been talked about before, but thought there might be some fresh opinions. I have Bridgestone dueler 225x65 RT17 on at the moment.

1.I like the idea of a lower profile, would going down to 55 from 65 do any harm ?

2. I can't afford 'the best' what ever that is, so a good quality medium priced tyre.

All suggestions would be welcome

Mike

I stuck with the Geo's 91A that where the factory fit, £120 a corner fitted 3 weeks ago.

It may help us to advise you if you indicate what your budget is, dont forget they go up in price as we get closer to winter - I noticed that last year.

Gus

p.s try looking here tyres dont forget other good vendors are available :-)

Hi, can I ask where you got your Geo 91A's at for £120 each (presume that was fitted?) as I need 4 myself very soon and the best price I can find is nearer the £140 per corner mark.

Thanks

I stuck with the Geolandar's too. Also paid about £120 a corner, but after negotiating the price down as much as I could, I managed to get FREE 4x4 tracking chucked in! (tyreland)

Dave

Hi all

I need 4 new tyres for my 06 d4d. I know the topic has been talked about before, but thought there might be some fresh opinions. I have Bridgestone dueler 225x65 RT17 on at the moment.

1.I like the idea of a lower profile, would going down to 55 from 65 do any harm ?

2. I can't afford 'the best' what ever that is, so a good quality medium priced tyre.

All suggestions would be welcome

Mike

Mike,

The condition of U.K. roads in general dictated / suggested that I increase the profile of wife's Rav from 55/17 to 60/17 last year, and partly because some stonking tyres came up on eBay. I can honestly say that the ride comfort over the potholes with the increased sidewall was a revelation....much more comfy, albeit possibly at the expense of a wee bit of roadholding, but could be talking mince....nobody plays races in it anyway.(Bothy would, hence good alarm system....)

Just my opinion for WIW, but recently drove a very extensive length of your lovely A1 in That England on my 55 profile branny tyres....the parts of that road which have not yet been fixed could be rented out to the NHS as a kill or cure for haemorrhoids....!!!!

Look out for my review of ma new tyres after my drive from Glasgow to Ipswich last weekend.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links