• Registered Member
  • 8 posts
  • First Name:syed
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: TOYOTA Avensis 2.0 VVT-i T4 Seq
  • Year: 2004

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

hi all..

i have just bought this car in a very good condition and simply love it... however i am a bit concerned about the mpg i am getting in the usual non-motorway driving the reading shows between 14-15mpg for driving in the city not really tried it on the motorway yet so cannot comment on that... but i think this beast is drinking petrol like crazy is it like this in this model ??

any guidance is appreciated so thanks in advance..

kind regards

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Fitter

Fitter

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Toyota Model: 2007 Avensis 2.0L VVT Auto

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

hi all..

i have just bought this car in a very good condition and simply love it... however i am a bit concerned about the mpg i am getting in the usual non-motorway driving the reading shows between 14-15mpg for driving in the city not really tried it on the motorway yet so cannot comment on that... but i think this beast is drinking petrol like crazy is it like this in this model ??

any guidance is appreciated so thanks in advance..

kind regards

I have the same model, 2007 and my fuel consumption in urban areas is high but them all petrol cars of this size are heavy on fuel in these conditions. On the motorway it manages over 40mpg. A recent run from the north east to Harlech in North Wales and back including some driving on back roads when touring managed (according to the car's computer) 44 mpg.

Fitter

#3 nick j

nick j

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 'T' Spirit VVTi 2.0 & LC120

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

My 2.0 lt auto gives around 25mpg in town and up to 40mpg on the motorway...

#4 Visitorx

Visitorx

• Registered Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

dont really understand my low mpgs even have got it serviced and everything changed from oil to pollen filter am i missing something here??

#5 Sam29

Sam29

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Toyota Model: Avensis Saloon MK2 with DRLs

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

dont really understand my low mpgs even have got it serviced and everything changed from oil to pollen filter am i missing something here??

Reset the ECU, and see if that makes any difference.
you need to disconnect the battery for about 5-10 minutes and it will reset the ECU.

Car ECU will learn from you driving habbit to optimal adjustment of fuel usage.

#6 Visitorx

Visitorx

• Registered Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:50 PM

you need to disconnect the battery for about 5-10 minutes and it will reset the ECU.

ahaan but that will create another problem like the cd/tape will ask for a code to play i dont want to be without audio anymore is there any otherway of resetting ecu.. one more thing today i have bought that engine cleaner which u put in with full tank its a kind of red thing dont know its formula name or brand name... do you think it really makes a difference?

#7 timson

timson

Advanced Club Member

• Bronze Member
  • 205 posts
  • Toyota Model: avensis GS VVt-I

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

Just pull the ECU fuse.

#8 ARCTICWRATH

ARCTICWRATH

• Registered Member
  • 10 posts
  • First Name:Mike
  • Toyota Model: Avensis
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

ahaan but that will create another problem like the cd/tape will ask for a code to play i dont want to be without audio anymore is there any otherway of resetting ecu.. one more thing today i have bought that engine cleaner which u put in with full tank its a kind of red thing dont know its formula name or brand name... do you think it really makes a difference?

REDX is the stuff you mean yes? , its debateable the benefits of using it but I have used it mainly because I buy supermarket fuel which doesnt have the same additives as premium fuel , try a google about redx ,,, as for your MPG can you here my screamsd of horror surely the readings cant be correct even for urban in a 2litre, my wife a good staedy driver never gets less than 40ish more when long distance , thats in our 1,9

#9 Visitorx

Visitorx

• Registered Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

REDX is the stuff you mean yes? , its debateable the benefits of using it but I have used it mainly because I buy supermarket fuel which doesnt have the same additives as premium fuel , try a google about redx ,,, as for your MPG can you here my screamsd of horror surely the readings cant be correct even for urban in a 2litre, my wife a good staedy driver never gets less than 40ish more when long distance , thats in our 1,9

hi yes i just used that in the morning before a full fuel topup.. have registered with fuely to keep a more accurate look whats going on i wish i can get 40ish in urban lets see how it goes... about the ecu fuse does anyone know where to look for it? or is it easy to find cd/tape unlock codes incase i pull the battery cable thanks for all the responces really appreciate it

#10 Visitorx

Visitorx

• Registered Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

hi again

just using fuelly from last 3 top ups plz check and see any recommendation i cannot raise mpg at all

http://www.fuelly.co...isitorx/avensis

what is the recommendation thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users