Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shell V Power Derv

g7jtk

Lol... You're a little Jedi tinker! as you know what that means! hahaha... My the force be with you :blow::fireman::drunk:

Mistermena can you explain what GTL and dino derv is please? I've no idea :D I'm also of the thinking that the v power will only benifit high performance engines, that can make use if it.

GTL- Gas To Liquid

Here you are Jedoil, just for you ( I never get tired of posting it ) :D

I wish that normal derv was that price in the vid! Let alone V-Power love juice :afro::drool::clap:

@jedi - GTL is gas to liquid; It's basically synthetic diesel. It's a bit like how you have mineral, semi-synth and fully-synth oil. I suppose you could say V-Power diesel is semi-synth diesel :lol:

With the petrol V-Power it only really makes a difference in cars with knock sensors or high-compression, but things like V-Power diesel and biodiesel will usually give at least a small boost to any diesel engine, not just high performance ones.

Whether it's worth 8-10p over regular diesel is another matter entirely! :unsure:

@mistermena - You and me both! I just filled my ickle Yaris with V-Power and it cost me £60! :crybaby:

I remember when that would have filled a Transit van with normal diesel with enough left over for a jerry can! :lol:

Last time I filled the Avensis it cost me almost £90! Way to much now for derv at the pump! :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey: :ph34r: :cacker: :crybaby:

Way too much!!!!! Ours on island has just gone up again £1.51 per litre now

Regards Clare

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone is interested the disco returned 30.6 miles per gallon on a run into the Scottish boarders on a,b and c roads with 12 miles on forest tracks in low range.

• 3 weeks later...

I used V Power in my Yaris. No measurable difference in anything..

Went back to ordinary Shell - just as cheap as supermarket fuel round here.

I used V Power in my Yaris. No measurable difference in anything..

Went back to ordinary Shell - just as cheap as supermarket fuel round here.

I think at only 7 or 8p a litre difference it would be unrealistic to expect massive gains in either mpg or performance but long term gains would be an internally cleaner and hopfully longer lasting engine giving peak performance throughout.

But certainly the choice is yours and whatever makes you happy. :)

Was this on your Yaris D4D Fishy?

I have to say when I put it in mine there is a noticeable change in the way the engine behaves (Sounds smoother and has less vibration at high revs, loses a bit of pull below ~1500rpm but gets it back above 2k)

It's not a huge change, but just enough that I do notice it, esp. if I run the tank nearly dry before I swap fuels :lol:

I deffo doesn't save me any money tho'! :crybaby::lol:

Hopefully it does help keep the engine a bit cleaner... :unsure:

Was this on your Yaris D4D Fishy?

I have to say when I put it in mine there is a noticeable change in the way the engine behaves (Sounds smoother and has less vibration at high revs, loses a bit of pull below ~1500rpm but gets it back above 2k)

It's not a huge change, but just enough that I do notice it, esp. if I run the tank nearly dry before I swap fuels :lol:

I deffo doesn't save me any money tho'! :crybaby::lol:

Hopefully it does help keep the engine a bit cleaner... :unsure:

Yes the Yaris d4d..

I stripped and cleaned the EGR valve as a precaution some 12k miles ago and found it quite clean.. No notable deposits. So ordinary Shell works well with my driving style...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links