Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Me Find A 2011/2012 Sat Nav Disc For My T180

blue monster

Evening all,

After a trip to Milton Keynes over the weekend and our satnav driving me crazy.........literally, due to the maps being out dated I want a new/latest map genuine disc.

I have been searching on here and the Toyota site which lists the following part:

PZ445-X03EU-11 (99537-00870) based upon the fact the my current disc states 86271-0W060 and I believe that I have the Gen 05 - TNS700 DVD System.

The disc comes in at €152.37 including shipping & VAT which is on par with other manufactures prices for a map/disc upgrade.

Is the Toyota website (http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/) the only place that I can get this disc or do I have any other options for obtaining a genuine map upgrade?

Kingo - is this some thing that you can assist me with?

Thanks

Martin

Evening all,

After a trip to Milton Keynes over the weekend and our satnav driving me crazy.........literally, due to the maps being out dated I want a new/latest map genuine disc.

I have been searching on here and the Toyota site which lists the following part:

PZ445-X03EU-11 (99537-00870) based upon the fact the my current disc states 86271-0W060 and I believe that I have the Gen 05 - TNS700 DVD System.

The disc comes in at €152.37 including shipping & VAT which is on par with other manufactures prices for a map/disc upgrade.

Is the Toyota website (http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/) the only place that I can get this disc or do I have any other options for obtaining a genuine map upgrade?

Thanks

Martin

Same for Me Martin !! Tried everywhere even Kingo !! You have to get the disc from Toyotas European website.. All those offering cheap copies on the bay and the like never have them when You order !!

150 Quid is ridiculous !!!! I can buy a top end tom tom for that and have safety camera warnings and update the sodding thing... 150 for a DVD F...........F..........F..........Forget it ....

Wee Charlie.

I was hoping someone would pitch in with an answer to this issue ?? Can these discs be copied ??

Not that I would buy a set and offer copies of the disc at rock bottom prices to help with the outlay .... Ohhhhhhh No not Me......

Wee Charlie.

Sadly Martin it's the only choice, we have to get them from there too!

Kingo :thumbsup:

John - thanks for your reposnse :thumbsup:

One final thing before I order one, does any one know how frequently these discs get updated as I don't want to buy a 2011 one only to find out a 2012 one will be available in say February?

I ordered it last week from the official site of Toyota. € 182,40 = £ 164,73. It didn't arrive yet. I am really interesting in what's it going to be like, but the real test is going to be at the beginning of December when I am going to be travelling Netherland-Germany-Austria-Hungary and back. 2800 miles altogether. I think that Toyota upgrades these maps once a year, and that your chances are greater in autumn to get a new one.

Can these discs be copied ???

Guys I believe its once a year that they are updated. But hells teeth I'm Boogared if Im going to pay that amount of money for a sodding DVD...

Why dont they charge say 50 quid which is still a lot for a DVD and then sell loads ??

Tom Tom One XL Europe.. It has safety camera locations .. Its display tells You when You are exceeding the speed limit and the first annual update is free. Plus You can of course take it from car to car....... For less than a DVD ??? So am I likely to spend 164 quid ?? Yeh Right .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Hi Charlie!

Toyota the Toyota .. and not Tom Tom!

But! Right you are ... really expensive! :crybaby:

E13 disc sold for £49.99 on eBay a couple of days ago. I have a full set of E11 discs that I might part with...

E13 disc sold for £49.99 on Ebay a couple of days ago. I have a full set of E11 discs that I might part with...

What is an E13 disc and more importantly what are the E11 discs that you have as in what year and will they work in mine?

• Like 1

E13 disc sold for £49.99 on Ebay a couple of days ago. I have a full set of E11 discs that I might part with...

What is an E13 disc and more importantly what are the E11 discs that you have as in what year and will they work in mine?

The E13 is the latest discs for TNS700 and the E11 AFAIK is the 2010 discs of which I have the full set of genuine Toyota discs.

I'd be interested in the discs , are you using the E13 now? Or will you be using a 'backup copy' of the E10 :thumbsup:

E10= 2007-2008

E11= 2008-2009

E12= 2009-2010

E13= 2010-2011

I presume E14 will be out very very soon as its nearly 2012 :yes:

toyota_north.JPG

E10= 2007-2008

E11= 2008-2009

E12= 2009-2010

E13= 2010-2011

I presume E14 will be out very very soon as its nearly 2012 :yes:

toyota_north.JPG

E14 Is just about to be released. But don't expect it to be up to date.. All these discs can be so far behind .. An alteration to a road 18 months ago may still not be on the very latest as yet unreleased discs.........

Wee Charlie.

I keep asking but it seems no one wants to answer ?????Can these discs be copied ??

Wee Charlie.

I keep asking but it seems no one wants to answer ?????Can these discs be copied ??

Wee Charlie.

TOC's point of view on copying these discs is quite clear

TO COPY NAVIGATION DISCS FOR DISTRIBUTION TO OTHERS IS ILLEGAL AND COMES UNDER THE SAME REGULATIONS AS THOSE THAT MAKE ILLEGAL COPIES OF DVD'S

PIRACY IS THEFT AND TOC CANNOT CONDONE ILLEGAL ACTS

This subject has been discussed at length several times on TOC (Please search for the previous arguments)

Updated discs are available ONLY through Toyota who will prosecute those that are found to be pirateing their Intellectual property

I'm not for one minute suggesting that anyone copies a disc or that I intend to copy a disc. No more than I intend to go out speeding just because My car can exceed the speed limits ....

I asked a fairly simple question .. Can these discs be copied ??

Wee Charlie.

To get in before the lock, the data from the disc can be removed and placed on a Hard Disc. It can then be placed on a DVD-DL with specific burners, media, and burn settings.

E11, E12 and E13 software updates add an extra security measure to your nav that can detect a pressed or a burned disc. The burned discs will not be accepted.

HTH without breaking the forum rules.

To get in before the lock, the data from the disc can be removed and placed on a Hard Disc. It can then be placed on a DVD-DL with specific burners, media, and burn settings.

E11, E12 and E13 software updates add an extra security measure to your nav that can detect a pressed or a burned disc. The burned discs will not be accepted.

HTH without breaking the forum rules.

Thanks Bob... My question was merely out of curiosity. There are as You know 2 or 3 Sellers offering these discs for sale ( In fact I seem to remember one of the advertising on this site so Perhaps they have immunity as they pay for advertising ?). I contacted a couple of said advertisers to check availability and if the disc would work properly.. No replies came...

These maps are simple updates. They are still way behind a lot of recent altered road set ups.. So why pay so much when they are out of date before they are published ??

I bought a new disc for the Jag this Year.. It was no more up to date than the 2009 one I took out of the car.. So I took it back to the Dealers who refunded the coin without question.. The system in the Jag uses the same Navtech stuff that is in Toyotas.....

I feel none of Us would mind paying a reasonable amount of money for updated discs if A. They are actually up to date and not 2 years behind and B. They were a sensible and reasonable cost..

Wee Charlie.

So, before this thread gets locked, PM me if you have a genuine Toyota E13 disc for the TNS700 system that you want to sell.

Cheers

Martin

I don't think the thread will get locked Martin.. Only asking a question that's all.. I can get pretty much anywhere using My 2006 disc.. If I'm going anywhere that I suspect has new road layouts I simply plug in the Tom Tom... Its just so easy to use and reminds Me when I slip over the speed limits.. And when safety camera locations are about.. For less than the cost of a wee DVD.......

Wee Charlie.

I too have a satnav/speed camera combo in a snooper with the latest maps but it just seems daft to be driving a nice motor with 2 satnav's on the go

So, before this thread gets locked, PM me if you have a genuine Toyota E13 disc for the TNS700 system that you want to sell.

Cheers

Martin

AFAIK its very difficult to get hold of a genuine full set of E13 discs. I've only every seen 1 E13 disc on eBay that sold for £50. I've not seen anyother. But buying them from Mr T cost a small fortune.

Does anyone know if the €152 quoted on the toyota website is the full set of E13 discs or would that just be the 1 disc the covers the UK & Ireland?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links