Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me Find A 2011/2012 Sat Nav Disc For My T180

blue monster

The disc I recieved had both Toyota and Lexus logo's, from what I understand they are compatible to both types of vehicle as they use the same sat nav.

Does the original disc work OK when it is re-loaded?

Yes - it appears to be the same disc as you received - white with both logos and "E14".

The original works with no problem when it is reinserted - it's dated 2007 - 2008

Sounds like the same disc, best leave it for Satnavi to resolve, if they can't then I am sure they will refund you.

What actually happens when you load the E14 disc? mine took a couple of minutes to upload then evrything worked OK.

It just says Error reading disc. Check that you have correct disc.

I've left it in for quite a while in the hope that it would boot up but no use. I've mailed Satnavi this morning and if they can't offer a fix I've asked for my money back.

Sorry I can't be of more help, seems strange that the satnavi discs have worked OK for some of us, but unfortunately not for you. If you lived a bit closer we could have tried swapping the discs.

Please keep us informed.

Cheers

JHL

I've scanned the original disc and sent a copy - the odds on two dud discs being sent are very high I would think.

I'll keep everyone informed.

Regards,

Allan

Hi Tbird - can you elaborate? Do you just insert the Garmin disc?

Greetings Mr. P, JHL is correct, I use the my Garmin Satnav unit instead of the RAV's built in unit. Much more up to date than even the latest Disc's for the RAV.

Well the suppliers have suggested that the problem could be a dirty lens in the sat nav. I bought a cleaning disc from Tesco but the system doesn't recognise it - it just sits there not spinning. Anyone else tried to clean the lens?

I was drifting back a year or so nearer the start of this thread (snow clouds so no Sky!) and saw a couple of enquiries as to full postcode upgrade but one reply thought it a hardware limitation. As I read on the Sportage club site the other day that Kia have released a full postcode upgrade for their satnavs I wonder whether T have done this. I find the Rav satnav an absolute pain to use and a full postcode entry would help big time.

Anyone have any knowledge of this? Thanks

Just a final update. Managed to clean the lens with a disc - the Satnavi discs still wouldn't run and the company have refunded me.

It seems the only option left is to Shell out to Toyota for their update disc - ouch! At least ***** Turpin wore a mask!

At least ***** Turpin wore a mask!

Still is thanks to the censor widget...............

Why don't you keep your eye out for a genuine UK disc from foreign sellers like I did?

Mine was some thing like £75 for a genuine Mr T disc from a guy in Germany from memory rather than pay the full £150 ish for 4 discs when you may not ever use 3 of them.

I think that Toyota are selling the single disc for over £100. Which foreign sellers are you referring to?

Have a look on eBay & further back in this thread to see where I managed to get mine from.

Basically guys in Holland, Germany, France, etc, who have purchased the full 4 discs from Mr T and end up selling the genuine UK one as they are never going to use it.

I should have said Richard Turpin!

Was he not a bit of a d1ck?

Have a look on ebay & further back in this thread to see where I managed to get mine from.

Basically guys in Holland, Germany, France, etc, who have purchased the full 4 discs from Mr T and end up selling the genuine UK one as they are never going to use it.

It was Martin (Bluemonster) that found me the disc I have.. It was from Germany and cost around 60 quid and is the genuine Toyota disc that works perfectly....... Best bet is to scour eBay you will find one eventually .

Managed to get one for £59 from a guy in Poland. Thanks for all the advice - will report back when it arrives.

Thank you for your offer - if it's still available I should like to take you up on it. Your email doesn't appear to be working.