Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding 2 Stroke Oil To Diesel

jedi134

Mate My car has never been to Lindops... I will be having My T180 serviced at the Dealer that fitted the engine next time I'm in the Midlands. I will be removing the box prior to the service and popping it back on afterwards..

The box gives a fairly moderate increase in power and torque.. On setting six its only 200 BHP Not the full 215 or so when on the top setting so I feel its unlikely to give any problems.. I had the clutch replaced with the engine so that should also be up to the job...

My main reason for fitting said box is for the best fuel economy I can get !! It will get its real test this weekend as I will put 1000 miles on the car between Friday and Wednesday....

Same with the Jag... Moderate gains so less risk of consequential damage ..

Wee Charlie.

Apologies Charlie for my error in the dealer that fitted your new engine. I do remember that it was a Midlands dealer that fitted your engine. I have my Tunit boxes on my cars for the very same reasons. I get an extra 12 mpg at 70mph on a run upto Staffordshire, so very happy with a box that only cost me £150. Mine is set to factory level 6 of 9. So I'm gessing mine is pushing out 200bhp mark. Interesting to know that the box you have has to have a live feed for it, my Tunit box just plugs into the rail and get its feed from there. Have you asked Kingo what the stance would be regarding the box and warranty?

The box I bought was only one month old.. It was bought from Kingo. So He very kindly said He would honour the warranty of the box for the remaining 23 months... I bought the box for just over half new price which was a useful saving !

I don't expect to get 12 extra MPG though ...I was hoping for between 4 and 7

Wee Charlie.

The 2 boxes I have are 6 months and 1 year old. Dan at Tunit gave me the remainder of the 3 years warranty with my two. Great service. I was very suprised and pleased to get 12 mpg extra out of my T-180. Its going to save me a small fortune travelling upto Staffs over the next years. :thumbsup:

Thats brilliant Mate ! Chuffed for You .... I am getting 39 MPG local driving with the box fitted.. I never checked it before so don't know if its gone up ?? But on the run I could do My 360 mile commute with 120 miles range left out of a full tank...

Before the engine replacement I was getting 60 miles left on the same commute...

I always fill brim the tank at the Shell garage at the Forth Bridge and refill at Jct 7 of the M5 so there will be no variance there ....

12 MPG Is outstanding... What Mpg do You get around town and on long motorway trips since fitting Your device ??

Your car is an Avensis ??

Wee Charlie.

Yer my car is an Avensis T-180 estate. I'm getting 41.2 mpg round town and the last trip to England I got 48.7mpg at 70mph with cruise on. I always use V-Power derv and I think that the K&N air filter along with the synth oil helps. Tyres are at 36psi all round. Really am very pleased with the extra torque that the engine has now. I bet you'll see a massive difference in mpg with the box on that you've fitted. Would be nice to see how much you get now. :thumbsup:

Well Our round town MPGs are not to far apart.. I would think the Rav is a chunk heavier than the Avensis and maybe less aerodynamic as well.. I set the tyre pressures to the recommended 32PSI. I set the cruise to 75 on the motorway sections ..

I will be over the moon if I can get anywhere near Your figure of 48 !!!! That is brilliant :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharlieFarlie

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• jedi134

Mate My car has never been to Lindops... I will be having My T180 serviced at the Dealer that fitted the engine next time I'm in the Midlands. I will be removing the box prior to the service and popping it back on afterwards..

The box gives a fairly moderate increase in power and torque.. On setting six its only 200 BHP Not the full 215 or so when on the top setting so I feel its unlikely to give any problems.. I had the clutch replaced with the engine so that should also be up to the job...

My main reason for fitting said box is for the best fuel economy I can get !! It will get its real test this weekend as I will put 1000 miles on the car between Friday and Wednesday....

Same with the Jag... Moderate gains so less risk of consequential damage ..

Wee Charlie.

Apologies Charlie for my error in the dealer that fitted your new engine. I do remember that it was a Midlands dealer that fitted your engine. I have my Tunit boxes on my cars for the very same reasons. I get an extra 12 mpg at 70mph on a run upto Staffordshire, so very happy with a box that only cost me £150. Mine is set to factory level 6 of 9. So I'm gessing mine is pushing out 200bhp mark. Interesting to know that the box you have has to have a live feed for it, my Tunit box just plugs into the rail and get its feed from there. Have you asked Kingo what the stance would be regarding the box and warranty?

The box I bought was only one month old.. It was bought from Kingo. So He very kindly said He would honour the warranty of the box for the remaining 23 months... I bought the box for just over half new price which was a useful saving !

I don't expect to get 12 extra MPG though ...I was hoping for between 4 and 7

Wee Charlie.

The 2 boxes I have are 6 months and 1 year old. Dan at Tunit gave me the remainder of the 3 years warranty with my two. Great service. I was very suprised and pleased to get 12 mpg extra out of my T-180. Its going to save me a small fortune travelling upto Staffs over the next years. :thumbsup:

Thats brilliant Mate ! Chuffed for You .... I am getting 39 MPG local driving with the box fitted.. I never checked it before so don't know if its gone up ?? But on the run I could do My 360 mile commute with 120 miles range left out of a full tank...

Before the engine replacement I was getting 60 miles left on the same commute...

I always fill brim the tank at the Shell garage at the Forth Bridge and refill at Jct 7 of the M5 so there will be no variance there ....

12 MPG Is outstanding... What Mpg do You get around town and on long motorway trips since fitting Your device ??

Your car is an Avensis ??

Wee Charlie.

Yer my car is an Avensis T-180 estate. I'm getting 41.2 mpg round town and the last trip to England I got 48.7mpg at 70mph with cruise on. I always use V-Power derv and I think that the K&N air filter along with the synth oil helps. Tyres are at 36psi all round. Really am very pleased with the extra torque that the engine has now. I bet you'll see a massive difference in mpg with the box on that you've fitted. Would be nice to see how much you get now. :thumbsup:

Well Our round town MPGs are not to far apart.. I would think the Rav is a chunk heavier than the Avensis and maybe less aerodynamic as well.. I set the tyre pressures to the recommended 32PSI. I set the cruise to 75 on the motorway sections ..

I will be over the moon if I can get anywhere near Your figure of 48 !!!! That is brilliant :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wee Charlie.

I'd be thinking that you might not quite get to that figure with the Rav for the same reasons. But I'm guessing that you'll be hitting the 45mpg mark. :toast:

While on the subject of warranties. I wonder what the stance would be of using a tuning box that can be bought from a main dealer and the others that are on sale from other tuning companies. A lot of VW owners have there engines chipped (As do Honda ect) or Toyota owners use a piggy-back box because of the encripted Denso ECU. How would Toyota view this? :g:

I dunno but Toyota dealerships actually sell these, so they must know about them, I supose they put £s in there pocket so turn a blind eye :unsure:

I found this quote interseting also "ULSD has a lower energy content due to the heavy processing required to remove large amounts of sulfur from oil, leading to lower fuel economy. Using it requires more costly oil" Taken form here http://en.wikipedia....w-sulfur_diesel

So the way I look at it is, the fuel companys have to meet strick emmision criteria every year, and do so by raping our fuel, ie taking all the goodies out of it, so by adding additives your just putting them back??????

Does anyone know what is actually put into these fuel additives??? Bk244, millers etc?

Does anyone know what is actually put into super fuels????

Does it state anywhere what these additive packages are/made up of????

So here is whats in BG244...

EC 232-366-4 Kerosine

EC 265-198-5 Solvent Naphtha

Heavy Arom

Taken from the net...

The core ingredient of BG cleaners, PEA (Polyether-amine) is proven and documented by the Worldwide Fuel Charter to be the only chemistry proven to safely remove carbon from within a combustion engine. Providing the recommend dosages are not seriously abused our cleaners are no more dangerous than putting gasoline (or diesel for diesel engines) in the fuel tank.

So basically, Parrafin oil, Solvents, Gasoline, and what ever PEA is? Rocket fuel :lol:

Probably the same stuff 2 stroke oil has?? :unsure:

http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/oil/oil.htm

You could try higher pressures; That can give a couple mpg boost if you leave a bigger separation gap and do some in-gear coasting :)

I ran my old tyres at 40F/35B but with the ContiEco3's I have now I found 35F/32B to give similar benefit but without making the ride as harsh! :)

While on the subject of warranties. I wonder what the stance would be of using a tuning box that can be bought from a main dealer and the others that are on sale from other tuning companies. A lot of VW owners have there engines chipped (As do Honda ect) or Toyota owners use a piggy-back box because of the encripted Denso ECU. How would Toyota view this? :g:

I dunno but Toyota dealerships actually sell these, so they must know about them, I supose they put £s in there pocket so turn a blind eye :unsure:

I found this quote interseting also "ULSD has a lower energy content due to the heavy processing required to remove large amounts of sulfur from oil, leading to lower fuel economy. Using it requires more costly oil" Taken form here http://en.wikipedia....w-sulfur_diesel

So the way I look at it is, the fuel companys have to meet strick emmision criteria every year, and do so by raping our fuel, ie taking all the goodies out of it, so by adding additives your just putting them back??????

Does anyone know what is actually put into these fuel additives??? Bk244, millers etc?

Does anyone know what is actually put into super fuels????

Does it state anywhere what these additive packages are/made up of????

So here is whats in BG244...

EC 232-366-4 Kerosine

EC 265-198-5 Solvent Naphtha

Heavy Arom

Taken from the net...

The core ingredient of BG cleaners, PEA (Polyether-amine) is proven and documented by the Worldwide Fuel Charter to be the only chemistry proven to safely remove carbon from within a combustion engine. Providing the recommend dosages are not seriously abused our cleaners are no more dangerous than putting gasoline (or diesel for diesel engines) in the fuel tank.

So basically, Parrafin oil, Solvents, Gasoline, and what ever PEA is? Rocket fuel :lol:

Probably the same stuff 2 stroke oil has?? :unsure:

http://www.sea-doo.n...les/oil/oil.htm

You know it could be! I'm as confused as I ever want to be :blink: I'll get back to you when I've read the link. Prob in about 3 days! LoL :lol: