Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time For A Bit Of A Rethink Lol

Red diesel

Sometimes you come across things or hear things that force you to question why things happen in a certain way and people often feel somewhat

powerless to influence certain things like governement policy that impact hugely on their daily lives.

I keep thinking lately - i need to ask - where do i want to be in 10 years time, it concerns me when i see negativity about markets and economys and other related matters. Countries like Ireland are currently trying to defy the odds and pay ridiculous amount of bank debts. The problem i see is that no one is asking - where does Ireland (for example) want to be in 10 years time or 5 years time. I suppose each country and various people within it might need consider asking some important questions.

1) Where do i want to be (in 5 to 10 years time)

2) How do i get to be where i want to be

3) are decisions im making now - bringing me in the right direction to where i want to be.

4) develop a plan that will get me where i want to be (and also test the feasability of what i want to do and come up with

alternative plans if there are issues with some things i would like to do - ie not very capable of being achieved

Its important i think to try and plan for our own futures and try and make our little piece of the world a slightly better and fairer place for ourselves to live in.

I just think that for me personally - the thing is - decide where i want to be - decide how to get there, and have a sense of belief that i can do it. Life can be tough at times - but i don't think its wrong for a normal person to want the best life possible and to better themselves.

Anythoughts (apart from the obvious one of "Red diesels lost his mind again :rolleyes: "

:thumbsup:

Red diesel

Yeh - - looks like the wheels have come off your trolley. LOL!!

One thing my grandfather advised was - never a lender or borrower be.

Never look back............but a bit of nostalgia is a good boost!

An excellent question RD...

I have given this very same question a lot of thought since July '10... The conclusion I have come to is that in 10 years time, I want to still be alive!

:thumbsup:

(quote) "it concerns me when i see negativity about markets and economys and other related matters"

The negativity is there because right now the problem is real, we can't get away from that, the world is facing its biggest financial meltdown, certainly in my living memory, the only way things can turn around and improve is with honesty integrity and good old fashioned hard graft, sadly that's all a bit thin on the ground these days in this screw all dog eat dog, "profit is king" mad world that it has become.

I like the way your thinking though, and what a bright future there would be if all our kids were thinking your way, asking questions on how they can make things better, improve things for themselves.

stick to your path Red, your on the right lines, if at first you don't succeed .... you know the drill :D :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed ....

Become a cabbie... :yahoo:

Mock all you want :lol: ,Only the elite go on to become a green Badge as 75% of all who attempt the K.O.L fall by the wayside, on average out of every 20 knowledge boys/girls only 5 go on to complete the Knowledge of London, also on average it takes 3 years to achieve and is the equivalent of earning a degree, according to Carriage Office statistics.

I also have City & Guilds Craft certificates in Carpentry & Joinery, Carpentry was my first profession, plus i took and passed the Institute of Carpenters exams and was elected affiliate in 1991.

Not exactly a rocket scientist or the like, i know, but Carpentry was my chosen profession when i left school, its what i wanted to do and its what i loved doing.

When i was growing up my Father took no interest or cared what i did when i left school, it was left to me to make my decisions alone, without any advice or input from him, if i had my time again i would probably choose a different path, although i enjoyed my job as a carpenter i decided to undertake the KOL after the last recession in order to give me more security and stability.

I admire kids like Red who are working hard and studying for a better future, if he apply's himself well, he'll achieve his goals.

I share your concern, particularly I am worried about why it is we don't get given instructions from the Government on how to pull ourselves out of this mess.

I can't help but feel that it is totally forgotten that they actually work for us - the people who pay. Why is it we sit in the dark whilst they assure us that they're toiling away in the background somewhere. Put simply: How do I know that sh*t is actually getting done?

KP

Balli, You need to Spruce up your retorts to remain Popular, Alder guys are Ash faced waiting to Cedar reponse

Maple we will get an amusing reply Fir once...:yahoo:

Mallet i suggest my quips have left yew felling ashen faced and knot the other way around, plankly i'm getting bored with hammering yew and i think yew have become unhinged, mallet i suggest yew chisel away a little more cos your work ethic is a little shoddy, shaving that yew could post something yewsful instead of bore-ing us with your regular drivel. :!Removed!: :yahoo:

Touché

Nice to see a bit of saw'dsmanship on the forum instead of the usual rubbing up the wrong way :shutit:

Touché

Nice to see a bit of saw'dsmanship on the forum instead of the usual rubbing up the wrong way :shutit:

I like to see the team glued together, we need to dovetail our replies without hammering the point. :lol:

Touché

Nice to see a bit of saw'dsmanship on the forum instead of the usual rubbing up the wrong way :!Removed!:

I like to see the team glued together, we need to dovetail our replies without hammering the point. :lol:

Never rub against the grain :eek: Raist can be a bit of a saw horse at times :gunsmilie: , teak it from me , although he can also be a perlin sought of guy, rafter than a sawyer puss, not that i'm tonguing his groove :yucky: you understand. :D

Oh Balli you do Rabbet a lot, not wanting to Rail you but dont Fret sometimes you act just like a Sap Wood.

Bevel get on or you Miter get stressed so lets Collet a day...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links