Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Management Training Courses

dave5282

Hi Guys,

Im on a management training exercise in the Lake District next week, all week (dove nest its called apparently??), Has anyone been on one before as we have not been told exactly what we are doing, apart from we will get muddy and we will get wet.

I have images of Buzz words and raft building, has anyone had experience of these things????

Just took a look at their web site....brace yourself! :yes:

http://www.dovenest.co.uk

Hope I'm wrong but I'd be prepared for a week of hard pysical work, psycho-babble by the bucket load and more management speak than you can shake a stick at.

Take a look at the profiles of the people who run the place. They are all on the site.

Would be interested to know how you get on.

expect loads of cliched management talk crap!

think outside of the box! ;)

Obviously your firm has run the numbers and are quality driven.

I guess the critical path will be assessed next week - which is a window of opportunity.

So be pro-active, get in the right mindset and remember - with a revised and interactive client focussed outlook it will be a real win win.

Nice time of the year to go ;) the raft building usually preceeds a trip into the middle of a lake which preceeds sinking.... I sank in January which was quite cold.

Other favourites include abseiling, climbing up and standing on top of a telegraph pole, climbing mountains etc etc

Make sure you volunteer to lead an early exercise, the later ones get harder!

I've had this sort of thing as part of the graduate training. Nothing so glamorous as a week in the lakes though, we got lots of lecture type 3-day courses in Doncaster and a run around the New Forest (lots of beer in the clubs afterwards though).

Lot's of teamworking excercises and things like teaching us how to "think outside the box" (you'll get extra marks for the paradigm shifts!).

Now I'm no longer a graduate I'm gonna miss all the courses. So make the most of the week and enjoy yourself.

I get the feeling i did this a long time ago (or at least something very similar in the Lakes)...

Basically, think of it as orienteering/assault courses (based on teamwork of course (e.g. spider web)) and 'presentation challenges'..

Of course, as someone above mentioned, no doubt there will be a raft building exercise...

Just take lots of clothes... mostly warm!

Is it run by the Cub Scouts - sounds like something I did aged 10 - 11 years old........

Is it run by the Cub Scouts - sounds like something I did aged 10 - 11 years old........

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

now theres a mangement cliche,....

dib dib dob :thumbsup:

congratulations steve, while almost grasping at the essence of what we are trying to achieve in this thread it does not appear that we are truely thinking outside of the box while trying to link the relevant processes to the bigger picture.

congratulations steve, while almost grasping at the essence of what we are trying to achieve in this thread it does not appear that we are truely thinking outside of the box while trying to link the relevant processes to the bigger picture.

Ha - I was beginning to think that people might have thought my post was serious !

I was very sceptical before I went, but I will be honest.

It was excellent! The course was run by straight talking people, no daft exrercises and no buzz-words.

Everything we did had a clear to see point, and even though we did the raft building it was a good laugh (and the weather was cracking!).

Lots and Lots of alcohol was consumed, needless to say the social side was brilliant.

I would recommend that place to anyone!

Good on you. I have to say I'm surprised

It was obviously good fun but do you think it worthwhile from a career point of view?

But it sure beats sitting in the office having to do real work for a week! :P

Good on you. I have to say I'm surprised

It was obviously good fun but do you think it worthwhile from a career point of view?

To be honest, as much as I hate to admit it, It highlighted that I am not a natural leader, and it highlighted the skills I will need to learn to be a good leader/manager.

Also increased my presentational skills, and I learnt a few tricks to boost confidedence etc whilst presenting.

So..I would say its worth it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links