Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Write-Off, How Much Is My Car Worth?

nvisibl

From that photo, I am guessing that the driver pulled out of an side road/entrance in front of another car and took the impact?

Guessing that as I did that in my HR-V (100% my fault :blushing: ) and the damage looks very similar (but not quite as bad in my case).

The damage was such that even though the impact was drivers side just as above, I could not open the passenger door (although no visible reason why not), both headlamps ended up pointing downwards (again no visible reason why) and it has got to be due to chassis damage.

I was actually also still able to drive the vehicle and did so (very gingerly) in order to get home, the next day being the call to insurance to get it collected and courtesy car delivered.

IIRC, the car had to be straightened on a jig and the repairs cost about £2,000. Not sure if this helps?

One thing that usually gives a massive indication on the severity of side damage is if the side curtain air bags have deployed.. Not sure is the 03 has them though.. But if it does and they have deployed then its Errr Curtains ......................... :unsure:

Buying the car back with unconfirmed damage, 170k already on the clock and dodgy central locking sounds like a massive can of worms to me.

Just let the poor thing go to the garage in the sky.

Most insurance companys used to work on the glass car guide for valuations. I dont know what they use nowadays and hopefully wont have to find out, touch wood

good luck with them as they really are tight these days according to reports

One thing that usually gives a massive indication on the severity of side damage is if the side curtain air bags have deployed.. Not sure is the 03 has them though.. But if it does and they have deployed then its Errr Curtains ......................... :unsure:

The RAV4.2 introduced side airbags on the facelift model (round fogs) that came out in 2003. This 2003 vehicle will be pre- Facelift however, as it has the "NV" designation. Post facelift it was all XT2/3/R/4/5 trim levels

Just seen your updated post about the convictions m8 and as charlie says you are very lucky there was no personal injuries and hopefully stays that way if another vehicle was involved.I am fimiliar with a work related case going on similar to that at the minute and its very messy as there is personal injuries involved. My choice would be to fix the vehicle myself and forget about the insurance company, judging by the look of the damage you will be out the same amount fixing it if the roof is not creased or the A pillar deformed as the insurance company is NOT going to give you, and if you find the right guy i reckon a bit less than a grand fitting secondhand parts will see you back on the road

I can't afford any repairs and would just be looking at selling it off to a scrap dealer.. or at this point now just walking away

I know m8 but do you have to go out and replace it? how much will that cost equal to fixing? and sometimes its a case of better the devil you know. anyways good luck no matter what direction you take :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links