Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Halford's Car Batteries

rambler

Right.....here's a tricky question for everyone.

Are Halford's own brand car batteries " their own " or do they out scource them ? & just stick their own label on them ?

Was considering changing mine,going for a better quality job with more Amphage for better starting ?

Only the one i currently have IS a Halford's standard Battery,but only just fits on the Battery tray..ITS A Halfords 12V Lead Acid Car Battery HB072 with 3 Year Guarantee.

Its started my Rav for last 2 winters with ease.

Its a pity that Yuasa don't do one for it ?...like me mums

Are Halford's own brand car batteries " their own " or do they out scource them ? & just stick their own label on them ?

Was considering changing mine,going for a better quality job with more Amphage for better starting ?

Only the one i currently have IS a Halford's standard battery,but only just fits on the battery tray..ITS A Halfords 12V Lead Acid Car Battery HB072 with 3 Year Guarantee.

Ha Ha this will make You laugh ... I was told the other day that Yuassa make Halfords batteries ............................

Wee Charlie.

Only the one i currently have IS a Halford's standard battery,but only just fits on the battery tray..ITS A Halfords 12V Lead Acid Car Battery HB072 with 3 Year Guarantee.

I'm not aware that Halfords have any manufacturing of their own, so pretty sure that their batteries will be white-labelled (might even be a Yuasa??).

However if "Its started (your) Rav for last 2 winters with ease", why do you want to change it? It must have a few winters left in it, even if it is a Halfords jobby. My wife's 02 FB lasted 9.5 years even though it was one of the dinky ones thataren't terribly well thought of on here.

That's exactly the Battery I put in wife's 3 door just last year, Rambles....are you having a problem with it.....?

Big Kev

That's exactly the Battery I put in wife's 3 door just last year, Rambles....are you having a problem with it.....?

Big Kev

No....no troubles with it at all Kev,i was just curious as to if they are any good..being their "standard battery", its the biggest amphage i could find on their shelf & from what i remember it had more Amps than the standard toyota Battery.

I just wanted the biggest Battery i could find....with the most Amphage

More amps..more power...in my mind anyway,make's sure Rav WILL start on those COLD COLD mornings...so far happy days :thumbsup:

Scuse any spelling mistakes....didn't do very well at school :rolleyes:

By all accounts Halfords batteries are pretty good. I expect they'd have more grief than anyone else if they weren't.

They will be rebranded, or more possible due to the high volumes, custom made and labelled for them by a famous supplier.

Big Kev

No....no troubles with it at all Kev,i was just curious as to if they are any good..being their "standard battery", its the biggest amphage i could find on their shelf & from what i remember it had more Amps than the standard toyota Battery.

I just wanted the biggest Battery i could find....with the most Amphage

More amps..more power...in my mind anyway,make's sure Rav WILL start on those COLD COLD mornings...so far happy days :thumbsup:

Scuse any spelling mistakes....didn't do very well at school :rolleyes:

Spot on, Jamie.....only seen one winter out with this Halford's battery, but must observe that in general and cold weather use it seems to have lots in reserve....starts Funnerburd Too almost by speaking to it nicely !!!! That age old expression that only folk of Bothy's vintage would recognise comes into play...."starts on the button every time..."

Big Kev :thumbsup:

If you put my petrol model into the Halfords website it says HB053. For the diesel it comes up as HB072 @ £93 or more for the calcium Battery. Strangely mine is an 057 , had a look on the tayna site where I got it from and it now suggests an 048. Confused...

If you put my petrol model into the Halfords website it says HB053. For the diesel it comes up as HB072 @ £93 or more for the calcium battery. Strangely mine is an 057 , had a look on the tayna site where I got it from and it now suggests an 048. Confused...

Yes...i tried that " find your car " system on their site,didn't work.

So i drove to Colchester Halfords and literally tried out batteries one by one until i got one to fit,Bosch's terminals were wrong way around,so it had to be a Halfords Battery.

It was still the biggest one they had on the shelf,could barely lift it :eek: and as for lifting it over the wing & onto my Battery tray.....i swore a little :lol: .

for the same kind of monies you can buy 'toyota' batteries imho...

i have bought other brands but always coma back to the toyota batteries. sure they don't make them but they do they job just fine and sure they fit.

Yes - they just stick their label on whoever supplies them.

Yuasa batteries are normally easy to find, and in just about any size and capacity.

Their website www.Yuasabatteries.co.uk lists four batteries for a 2003 D4D Rav4.2 . . . Yuasa Professional 030, 031, 334 & 335. Full details on the site.

Chris

Yes - they just stick their label on whoever supplies them.

Yuasa batteries are normally easy to find, and in just about any size and capacity.

Their website www.Yuasabatteries.co.uk lists four batteries for a 2003 D4D Rav4.2 . . . Yuasa Professional 030, 031, 334 & 335. Full details on the site.

Chris

I just had my Battery tested at Halfrauds - it needs replacing and the guy there said Halfrauds batteries are made by Varta.

Why Halfrauds? I've never found them expensive or unhelpful

It's not meant to be derogatory it's rather like using another term of endearment for Microsoft aka Microshaft or Windoze for Windows etc etc!

Some batteries have different lenghs of warrany,so it pays t go for the most amperage and best warranty.But that depends how much you are willing to to pay.As said toyota buy their batteries where they will get the best deal.

Chap i used go fishing with had a Volvo that had the original Battery still going strong after 10 years,and original brake pads.the car was used every day.

Agree, they're usually reasonably good value but some of their staff are dim beyond belief!!

Agree, they're usually reasonably good value but some of their staff are dim beyond belief!!

Thats cos They aint got enough amperage in Their batteries ??................. :unsure:

Thats cos They aint got enough amperage in Their batteries ??................. :unsure:

I must apologise profusely, Charlie....you have been reading too many of my postings.

Big Kev :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Fitted a Halfords HB072 today. Had to remove the two L brackets on the Battery fixing assembly. The back vertical clamp is best put in with the Battery out. Instead of locating through the base of the plastic Battery stand both vertical rods go down the side and locate into completely different holes. The cables are quite tight and it is a bit of a fiddle to get the battery in place. It is the one listed for the diesel at Halfords.

Big Kev will tell you.

Anchs fitted the same Battery, HB072, and it was replacing the daft wee original skinny Battery. By memory that's all that was required to adjust....the two metal clamps either side had to locate in the furthermost holes AFTER REMOVING THE BULKHEAD PLASTIC COVER FOR ACCESS. I really can't recall his remarking any leads went tighter due to larger Battery size....?

Big Kev :unsure:

It seemed dead straight forward but mu memory is only good for a very short time.

Who?

It seemed dead straight forward but mu memory is only good for a very short time.

Who?

You can get motorbike batteries now with optional post locations, i.e. you can move the terminals so that they are at either the front or the back of the Battery (or presumably you could have one at the front and one at the back if that suited the installation better).

I've not seen any like that for cars though. It seems like one of those "why didn't somebody think of that before" ideas. Quite brilliant really.

Be interesting to get Rambler's view on this . Wonder if there are some slight differences between the 2002 and 2004 models in the Battery tray area. It wasn't a simple take the old Battery out and replace it with a bigger one on mine.