Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Halford's Car Batteries

rambler

It seemed dead straight forward but mu memory is only good for a very short time.

Who?

Me too Tommy....but don't worry about the £100.00 you owe me....ah'll get it later....

:unsure:

Be interesting to get Rambler's view on this . Wonder if there are some slight differences between the 2002 and 2004 models in the battery tray area. It wasn't a simple take the old battery out and replace it with a bigger one on mine.

Hi Pmb

Right...now i've half figured out photobucket...again !..hope it works.......

th_P1010675.jpg

th_P1010677.jpg

THB......it only took the ' fitter ' from Halfords about 10 mins to fit it,( just saved me from bothering ) & they took the old Battery to re-cycle it :D

Most of the time was spent finding one that did what i wanted it to do,and that fitted on the tray.:)

I guess i was there for about an hour,did have a chat with the bloke, whilst he was swearing a little :lol:

I've had Halfords batteries in the past and I've found them to be not the best and far to expensive. Why not go for this make that won the shoot out in some of the car mags... Exide premium with a 4 year warranty :thumbsup:

I've had Halfords batteries in the past and I've found them to be not the best and far to expensive. Why not go for this make that won the shoot out in some of the car mags... Exide premium with a 4 year warranty :thumbsup:

To be fair....now i know a little more about car batteries ( and speaking to a auto electrician friend of mine),i would only go...Yuasa !.

He only fits Yuasa,for good reason..& he has been in his trade for many many years,one of 3 blokes in our area able to re build some old type batteries if required.

He knowledge outstands me....:wacko:....bit like mine with plumbing & heating :thumbsup:

To be fair....now i know a little more about car batteries ( and speaking to a auto electrician friend of mine),i would only go...Yuasa !.

He only fits Yuasa,for good reason..& he has been in his trade for many many years,one of 3 blokes in our area able to re build some old type batteries if required.

He knowledge outstands me....:wacko:....bit like mine with plumbing & heating :thumbsup:

I have recently bought a Yuasa 100 A/H leisure Battery for my caravan at a huge saving, cheapest online price £115, i got it for £76 at a local auto electricians i use regularly, He referred to it as Lucas/ Yuasa, are they linked? :unsure: Stew

I have recently bought a Yuasa 100 A/H leisure Battery for my caravan at a huge saving, cheapest online price £115, i got it for £76 at a local auto electricians i use regularly, He referred to it as Lucas/ Yuasa, are they linked? :unsure: Stew

No idea stew :unsure: But as you say,if you know & trust a professional in his / her trade...you can't go wrong...its experience that counts.

He referred to it as Lucas/ Yuasa, are they linked? :unsure: Stew

Yuasa bought the Lucas Battery division some years ago. The manufacturing site in Birmingham (Foremans Road) I believe no longer exists.

The Lucas name is sometimes still used for aftermarket parts.

Lucas itself merged with Varity, to become not surprisingly Lucas-Varity. LV were bought by TRW.

No idea stew :unsure: But as you say,if you know & trust a professional in his / her trade...you can't go wrong...its experience that counts.

If you know someone in the trade that you trust then I'd always go with that. The only thing I can say about Exide batteries is that mine is coming upto 6 years old and still going strong on a Learner car that is always being turned on and off many times a day :thumbsup:

He referred to it as Lucas/ Yuasa, are they linked? :unsure: Stew

Yuasa bought the Lucas Battery division some years ago. The manufacturing site in Birmingham (Foremans Road) I believe no longer exists.

The Lucas name is sometimes still used for aftermarket parts.

I Knew if anyone knew that, it would be you :toast:

I am quite a fan of Yuasa batteries. I believe they are marketed with the Lucas name for Europe. Avensisisis's have them as OE.

Be interesting to get Rambler's view on this . Wonder if there are some slight differences between the 2002 and 2004 models in the battery tray area. It wasn't a simple take the old battery out and replace it with a bigger one on mine.

Hi Pmb

Right...now i've half figured out photobucket...again !..hope it works.......

th_P1010675.jpg

th_P1010677.jpg

Beginning to wish I hadn't bumped this thread. All I was saying was that in my case it wasn't as simple as taking the old Battery out and sticking the larger one in. The Battery vertical supports had to be moved into positions that I didn't know about. The stuff around the +ve terminal and the conduit at the back of the -ve made it difficult to locate the Battery. Anyway I have to admit it does fire up much better. Time will tell.

I've got a yuassa Battery in my 4.2, were these the original equipment?

As a side note, the guarentee on Halfords batteries is great. I destroyed one through er.. excessive cranking and water logging in an old Jeep and got a new one from Halfords with no question. Regular models are guarenteed for three years and the calcium ones for four. Just keep your receipt safe!

I believe that Yuasa are a supplier but not sure what yours will have had.