Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio

Dan_Brown

I have a 2000 model Yaris GS and I am getting poor reception at the radio. I unscrewed the ariel off the roof and tried a big of welding wire to see if it would work, it didnt. Does anybody know how to get to the back of the radio as it seems to be part of the dash board. Do you have to take the heaters out to get the radio or am I missing something really obvious.

Any help would be appreciated

Dan

From memory, pull off the heater control knobs (set the knobs all the way anti clockwise, clockwise or at the 12 o'clock position, this makes it easier to remember the correct positions when re installing!)then remove the 3 screws that were conceled by the 3 knobs, the heater facia can then be uncliped to reveal 2 more larger srews that attatch the radio unit, finally remove the 2 srews at the bottom of the radio unit which are hidden behind the ash tray. I think I've remembered everything but if I have missed anything then please someone correct me. Obviously do the reverse to re-fit.

NB I can't remember if you have to remove the heater facia or just release it slightly to gain access, but once you've unclipped it you'll realise what is required.

Hope the info makes sense and that you get the unit working again!

Regards.

I have had a look on google and I found a tutorial which said exactly what you said haha. I will give it a go tonight, I mean I managed to fit the engine by myself so how hard can a little radio be lmao