Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Secondhand Yaris

JSAston

Hi

I am Auris owner, and my wife wants a MK1 Yaris as she likes the feel of how Toyota's drive but finds the Auris to big.

We have found a 53 reg 1.0 with 54,000, it has a Toyota FSH and one lady owner, 12 Months MOT all for just shy of £2500.

Can anyone give me advice on what pitfalls or weaknesses to look out for?

Mnay Thanks

:D

Hi

I am Auris owner, and my wife wants a MK1 Yaris as she likes the feel of how Toyota's drive but finds the Auris to big.

We have found a 53 reg 1.0 with 54,000, it has a Toyota FSH and one lady owner, 12 Months MOT all for just shy of £2500.

Mnay Thanks

The best guide is the Honest John Review..

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/yaris-1999/

(part of which I (madf) am responsible for :-)...

Watch out: as they age, the petrol pipe filler pipes from the filler to the tank corrode...They are often covered in mud near the filler. You need a torch to inspect them... The pipe is in two parts with welded joints.. which corrode badly. £100+ new.. about £35 on eBay...

Hi

Mnay Thanks

ive had 2 each driven to 100k miles . change oil and filters regularly using the correct oil and they are bulletproof.

otherwise watch for timing chain rattle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links