Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Engine Wraning Light Dtc

atopman

Hi, wifes yaris is 2005/55 colour collection 1.3vvti fsh.

recently my son noticed the trip computer would play up with Shell fuel...thought nuffin of it.

but then the engine light came on and off for a few days..drives perfect.

and now its on all the time.

I got a code reader bluetooth one from eBay

i downloaded free software for nokia and was able to read the code P1346

this software also says it means fuel level sensor 2 ...that kinda fits with the original

trip computer issue..but i am not totally convinced it is that.

but if it is where isit and how fix it.

anyone got the service manual, or the exact dtc code for yaris ?

its a problem with the camshaft position sensor its a difference between that and the crank position sensor..i would remove the oil control valve and try giving it a wee clean

ok, thanks for that, i since found the code P1346 means " VVT Sensor /Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/ Performance Problem (Bank 1)"

What does the oil control valve do ? I read up how/what the cam/crank sensors do..( basically they give the vvt info and feedback.)

Can you give me instructions how to clean the cam and crank sensors, and the oil control valve as you advised...where are these sensors located,

some pictures would be very useful...I will also clean and check the connectors at sensor and ECU...I am looking for the online or free repair manual download as well becuase that should give me the dtc fault diagnosis procedure chart

ok, thanks for that, i since found the code P1346 means " VVT Sensor /Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/ Performance Problem (Bank 1)"

What does the oil control valve do ? I read up how/what the cam/crank sensors do..( basically they give the vvt info and feedback.)

Can you give me instructions how to clean the cam and crank sensors, and the oil control valve as you advised...where are these sensors located,

some pictures would be very useful...I will also clean and check the connectors at sensor and ECU...I am looking for the online or free repair manual download as well becuase that should give me the dtc fault diagnosis procedure chart

[/quoteThe manual here ....

Yaris 1999 > 2004 Service Manuals

Yaris 1999 > 2001: http://rapidshare.co.../yaris_1999.rar

Yaris 2001>: http://rapidshare.co.../yaris_2001.rar

Yaris 2005> Service Manuals

Yaris 2005> Part 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/227074017/Yari...ual_Part_01.rar

Yaris 2005> Part 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/227082738/Yari...ual_Part_02.rar

Yaris 2005> Part 3: http://rapidshare.com/files/227082739/Yari...ual_Part_03.rar

Regards ... Pete.

OCV controls oil to VVTI controller..

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106791&st=0&p=969129&hl=+elderly%20+yaris&fromsearch=1entry969129

last thumbnail

• 1 year later...

Hi, i removed the OCV, it looked clean and ok,, so i cleaned it anyways.

I also cleaned one of the other sensors, which one i cant remember, but the one i didnt do was a bit hard to identify.

But i still have the same problem...the light is on,

...So i am thinking it is actually a real fault with the timing chain because of the rattle noise which has got worse over the year, am worried now if it breaks and wrecks the engine...

Any ideas where to get the chain, i prefer the original toyota one, if not which one to go for ?

Any ideas where to get the chain, i prefer the original toyota one, ...

Er, your local Toyota dealer?

Or by mail there is Parts King (kingo) on this very site who is also a Toyota dealer. I expect he'll be along in a minute.

• 2 years later...

update, sorry its late...but i had the timing chain replaced, and all is well now cost me all £200

• Like 1

Blimey, talk about raising something from the dead :laugh:

But thanks for coming back and letting us know how you got on :thumbsup:

yeah two years ago already wow! i thought it might help someone else :)

I have another issue which i have posted , at first thought it was the ole timing chain cover, but luckily looks like it might be the valve cover gasket

• 5 years later...
On 5/25/2016 at 4:03 PM, atopman said:

yeah two years ago already wow! i thought it might help someone else 🙂

I have another issue which i have posted , at first thought it was the ole timing chain cover, but luckily looks like it might be the valve cover gasket

And looks like u will help somebody in year 2022 😛

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links