Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Regius Is Stalling :(

angelcake71

Hiya.

I have owned my lovely Toyota Regius windtourer for almost 3 years..

and it has been fine til now..

when I drive to work approx 5 miles.. if I have to stop at a junction before it has warmed up it stalls..

today I had a late lunch so my van was parked at worked from 8.30 til 2pm.. which is when I left for lunch..

started up fine as it always does.. drove for a few miles had to break at a junction and it stalled..

started up again.. drove along stopped at another junction and it stalled again.. and is also losing power..

this problem started a week ago.. so I popped into into Toyota .. they originally thought it was the sensors..

but then thought it was the plugs.. so those were replaced..

The Regius has also had a proffessional LPG conversion which was done before we bought it.. Toyota suggested that the LPG was causing the problem..

so we took it to the LPG bloke for a check and service.. he ran some tests on his machine.. and put some special stuff into it.. to help clear it through..

The journey home was lovely and we thought it had fixed the problem.. until I went to worjk today then the stalling and loss of power started again..

Toyota are saying its an LPG problem.. and LPG are saying it is not ... which kind of leaves me in Limbo with a stalling vehicle..

Any advice would be gratefully received! thanks

• 4 months later...

Hello. We have just started having the same problem with our lpg converted regius. On the first start of the day (unless we sit on the drive for a few minutes and get the engine up to temperature), as soon as we put the van into gear, or a few yards down the road (having to stop at traffic lights), the engine stalls. It is then flooded but will start ok after a couple of minutes.

The problem started about 6 weeks ago. I had the van serviced and took a trip to Holland - everything was fine. Then a week or so later the trouble started. I changed the gas filter, which seemed to help, and then had the lpg system checked and adjusted, and raised the temperature at which the gas kicks in a few degrees. All this seemed to help - the engine runs smoother and slightly more economically. But the problem persists - the van is fine once the engine is up to temperature, and it doesn't recur until an overnight park.

Getting the engine toyota checked to see if any sensors are awry next week.

Will let you know of any further developments and would love to hear if you got your problem sorted.

Very frustrating! Cheers John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links