Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spot Lights

baz1631

anybody seen or heard of a rav with FOUR spots on the front end? bumper maybe?

Rambler has four mounted on a roof bar :thumbsup:

Yep.....still got'em,considering altering them at some time though.

Just look at my album...its all there.

Click ....under my boots :thumbsup:

Hi Rambler, did u wire them up: 2spots to one relay on each side?

Up here they have registration plate brackets that you can attach extra lights to. You can have as many on the reg plate as you want 2, 4, 6....You then have small support brackets that secure the light to the grill to stop them moving around.....Don't know if this is of use. let me know if you wish to buy these and I can send you to the appropriate sites and help you purchase if needed.

Cheers

post-113400-0-78099900-1323701338_thumb.

Hi Baz

TBH....i took it to a proffesional auto electrician locally,showed him what i wanted.

He asked me to route the main feed ( under carpet from rear to front up into dash as i didnt want holes drilled in the roof ) to save me labour expense,he finished off himself.

He removed ( unclamped ) the bar pre wired it all on a bench in his workshop,then re mounted the bar on my Rav,black taped all the loom to match the roof / cycle rack.

Cost about £100 for his work (very neat),whilst i went for a country walk for the day :D

He linked into a 1/4 inch thick red wire for main power,just behind the drop down tray on drivers side.All the joints are soldered..like i say ...a very good job.

I use them a fare bit whilst off roading / green laning these evenings.....awesome.

Up here they have registration plate brackets that you can attach extra lights to. You can have as many on the reg plate as you want 2, 4, 6....You then have small support brackets that secure the light to the grill to stop them moving around.....Don't know if this is of use. let me know if you wish to buy these and I can send you to the appropriate sites and help you purchase if needed.

Cheers

Can u send the link to the site M? Ill have a wee look!

Hi Baz

TBH....i took it to a proffesional auto electrician locally,showed him what i wanted.

He asked me to route the main feed ( under carpet from rear to front up into dash as i didnt want holes drilled in the roof ) to save me labour expense,he finished off himself.

He removed ( unclamped ) the bar pre wired it all on a bench in his workshop,then re mounted the bar on my Rav,black taped all the loom to match the roof / cycle rack.

Cost about £100 for his work (very neat),whilst i went for a country walk for the day :D

He linked into a 1/4 inch thick red wire for main power,just behind the drop down tray on drivers side.All the joints are soldered..like i say ...a very good job.

I use them a fare bit whilst off roading / green laning these evenings.....awesome.

Hi Rambler , glad someone else is as mad as me!I'll get an auto electrician I know to put me wise, and do it myself if he's too expensive.£100 's far too pricey for me am afraid (being Scottish might have something to do with it! :rolleyes: )cheers for the info :thumbsup:

Cheers

Can u send the link to the site M? Ill have a wee look!

There you go!

http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bil---MC/Bil-tillbehor/Belysning/Extraljus/Extraljusfaste-42490/

Did you see the 6 cibies I fitted - on the other post last wee.

Simple job with relays and only activated if the full beam is on and I fitted 2 switches - one for a bank of 4 and 1 for the other 2. The Toyota switches were by far the most expensive bit !!

• 4 weeks later...

Did you see the 6 cibies I fitted - on the other post last wee.

Simple job with relays and only activated if the full beam is on and I fitted 2 switches - one for a bank of 4 and 1 for the other 2. The Toyota switches were by far the most expensive bit !!

Goodmorning Bothy, hope u had a wet chrismas/newyear :cheers: ! just a wee question.I tried to wire the lamps up to the main beam without an extra switch,but the spots come on without main beam when wired direct to main beam con.@ headlights.I also earthed the lamps via bodywork. How can I get them to go on (spotlamps)with the main beam only? I'm obviously doin something wrong but what?. Any help would b appreciated :thumbsup:

Found out from auto spark that jap cars are all wired up differntly from euro ones apparenly!electrician says the spot-lights on my car would get their power from the neg,/earth contact on the bulb, but do I join the live feed and neg. feed from the spots together and attach both to neg./earth feed on the bulb?.Tried this before on another car and ended up with low power on the dip/mainbeam, and no power to the spots! ended up PAYIN'A GARAGEt to fix! any worthwhile advice would , as always, be appreciated :thumbsup: