Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pimping Part 2

Hoovie

I fitted LH's tailpipes and they defo came out of a boxed kit (vanparts or something rings a bell).

DRLs just need a switching relay to turn them off when the main lights are switched on.

Your leds might be fine tucked out of sight in the glove box. Let us see what you come up with.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• anchorman

• Manxrav

• Davrav

Was Local Heros exhaust not a Cobra? or even a TTE one. i am sure he got it from Europe some where. Might be wrong!!!!.Me thinks they where the only ones making them at the time.

Regards Clare

I want LH's exhaust but it was circa £300 so will have to wait. I really like this RAV (nearly as much as my last one but that was mine from new so pulls rank) so may spend more as time goes on. The ipod connector will probably get done and I prefer the one Kingo has just found which is a proper ipod interface rather than a USB connector with ipod compatibility. I have just had body coloured reversing sensors off him which ar a must so will let the dust settle after coughing up all of the money I got back off the last one and more. This will cost me a fortune in diesel as I can't get out of it even to go to bed so the engine is running all the time and it has a heater that burns my feet - lovely.

I wouldn't put the lights up at the top as you can see them in the mirror and if I had to run with the Christmas tree sticking out of the back door it would get on my very ample t*ts. You also need the cover back to see in. With them low down you can choose either and still see as long as they are not covered in clutter.

I have just fitted some led's to the front which look especially good with the new light arrangement. They came from that purveyor of fine led's in the Glasgow suburbs where the wheely bins are well away from the kirb. What I can say with reasonable accuracy is that I probably won't ever use led strips for any purpose as they look a bit boy racerish to me but thank you sincerely for the offer. I have a glove box light with switch that is new but just needs wires soldering on so I will probably use that when I get around to it.

I recall LHs exhaust was a custom build - think there would be any scope for a multiple order discount? ;)

I am not sure which iPod kit Kingo is sending me - I wll PM him and ask if it is the one you are talking about. On both the Kenwood and the Nissan Connect units, the iPod interface was excellent - the menus on the Head Unit were a replica of the iPod itself.

Ref lights 'up top' - didn't consider the excellent point you make there - I'll have to reconsider that idea I think :rolleyes:

Lights in the front? fitted as DRLs? be interested to see a picture of those. I have seen some of the aftermarket ones and most look a bit naff and indeed boy-racerish. It can be quite tricky to fit DRLs AND have them work as the letter of the law prescribes, so be keen to know what wires to tap into to have them working correctly.

I quite like the spread of light you get from LED strips actually, though I do prefer the LEDs to be out of sight so all you get is the benefit of the light, so it seems perfect for something like a glovebox if the fitting can be out the way.

right .... off to PM Kingo now .... :yes:

The LED's referred to are the replacement sidelight bulbs, Hoovie, and indeed I have now found a supplier (Chinois, of course....) who does a sidelight bulb with 4 tiny LED's round its circumference, and a fifth on the tip of the bulb. These are anything but boy racerish, but give off a good piercing whitish blue light, aided by the chrome surround of the housing's reflector catching the wee lights on the bulbs circumference. Will send you a PM when I retrace supplier on the bay of ee's......

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Dave if your fitting DRL,s on your Rav the best place (and best looking place ) is at the side of your fog lights. I,ve been looking at the front of the New Rav and there is a silver embellishment running from the fog light to the bodywork and that seems the best spot for them (and legal as well). Idon,t think that putting them near the headlights (ala audi) would look right.

On my U/C I bought Phillips DRL,s that are in either 4 or 8,s and in a unit, and I put them on the lower grille which on that model do look good. A bit more difficult on the Rav!!!!

Regards Clare

Cheers Charlie am sure that when LH was after it TTE had finished doing twin exhausts (shame)

Regards Clare

Cheers for replys chaps (and chapesses :lol:)

Ref the DRLs, there is some part of the regulations about the engine actually running, rather then just the ignition being on and the main/sidelights being off.

I have to say I am not a great fan of the 'Audi' look for the DRLs - look much too fussy and 'overstyled' IMO (I am sure many many others have the opposite opinion!)

They've gone up in price somewhat :eek:

LINK

I think that's the one for the 4.2. The 4.3 one is a bit cheaper:

4.3TwinExhaustLink

Cobra's Site Link

Wonder if we get a group buy discount?

As Kev would say, 'Oh Gubber it' - that's getting into serious 'hankering after' price range :drool:

Thats not a bad price (the new price) If I had a Rav4 I,d be up for that.

Regards Clare

They've gone up in price somewhat :eek:

LINK

I think that's the one for the 4.2. The 4.3 one is a bit cheaper:

4.3TwinExhaustLink

Cobra's Site Link

Wonder if we get a group buy discount?

As Kev would say, 'Oh Gubber it' - that's getting into serious 'hankering after' price range :drool:

"Oh Gubber It" doesn't even cover it this time, David.....why can't you all just leave me alone....? There was I happy with my crappy wee single exhaust pipe, thinking it was aboot £500.00 to change and be up there with legends like Local Hero.....then smhc corrects Davrav (who is seldom wrang....) and price is down at £258.00....!!!!!

I feel like Gubnet O'Lunacy...twelve days of Christmas parody...."youz have ruined my Christmas"....unless Ann Summers will take back all that rubber gear I got my wife as a surprise....? Methinks the rear end of Funnerburd Wan shall be having some sympathetic aesthetic prosthetic in 2012.....watch this space, as Patrick used to say, winking over his monacle....

Bling Kev :lol:

Mmmm, that rear silencer has got me thinking. Might be getting my system fabricated from stainless steel, might be showing them that pic of the twin pipe silencer. £££££.

Time will tell.

£310.31 inc VAT. Shall I ask to see what they would do for a club bulk buy?

I want LH's exhaust but it was circa £300 so will have to wait. I really like this RAV (nearly as much as my last one but that was mine from new so pulls rank) so may spend more as time goes on. The ipod connector will probably get done and I prefer the one Kingo has just found which is a proper ipod interface rather than a USB connector with ipod compatibility. I have just had body coloured reversing sensors off him which ar a must so will let the dust settle after coughing up all of the money I got back off the last one and more. This will cost me a fortune in diesel as I can't get out of it even to go to bed so the engine is running all the time and it has a heater that burns my feet - lovely.

I wouldn't put the lights up at the top as you can see them in the mirror and if I had to run with the Christmas tree sticking out of the back door it would get on my very ample t*ts. You also need the cover back to see in. With them low down you can choose either and still see as long as they are not covered in clutter.

I have just fitted some led's to the front which look especially good with the new light arrangement. They came from that purveyor of fine led's in the Glasgow suburbs where the wheely bins are well away from the kirb. What I can say with reasonable accuracy is that I probably won't ever use led strips for any purpose as they look a bit boy racerish to me but thank you sincerely for the offer. I have a glove box light with switch that is new but just needs wires soldering on so I will probably use that when I get around to it.

I recall LHs exhaust was a custom build - think there would be any scope for a multiple order discount? ;)

I am not sure which iPod kit Kingo is sending me - I wll PM him and ask if it is the one you are talking about. On both the Kenwood and the Nissan Connect units, the iPod interface was excellent - the menus on the Head Unit were a replica of the iPod itself.

Ref lights 'up top' - didn't consider the excellent point you make there - I'll have to reconsider that idea I think :rolleyes:

Lights in the front? fitted as DRLs? be interested to see a picture of those. I have seen some of the aftermarket ones and most look a bit naff and indeed boy-racerish. It can be quite tricky to fit DRLs AND have them work as the letter of the law prescribes, so be keen to know what wires to tap into to have them working correctly.

I quite like the spread of light you get from LED strips actually, though I do prefer the LEDs to be out of sight so all you get is the benefit of the light, so it seems perfect for something like a glovebox if the fitting can be out the way.

right .... off to PM Kingo now .... :yes:

The LED's referred to are the replacement sidelight bulbs, Hoovie, and indeed I have now found a supplier (Chinois, of course....) who does a sidelight bulb with 4 tiny LED's round its circumference, and a fifth on the tip of the bulb. These are anything but boy racerish, but give off a good piercing whitish blue light, aided by the chrome surround of the housing's reflector catching the wee lights on the bulbs circumference. Will send you a PM when I retrace supplier on the bay of ee's......

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Me Too Please Big Fella ???

Ere !!! Whats all this talk of TWIN EXHAUSTS ?????? Pictures please ???

LINK

Just don't let Big Kev see - he's stressed enough :rolleyes:

Look here, sonny....you can either have a rifle or twin exhausts....which is it to be....?

Your well known orange juice consumer,

Sucking Fanta....... :yahoo:

wizard suggestion, sir.... :thumbsup:

....tempted very tempted......Where's Stew? Can't remember whether there was much of an insurance premium hit? :unsure: but I'm sure he'd tell us.

....tempted very tempted......Where's Stew? Can't remember whether there was much of an insurance premium hit? :unsure: but I'm sure he'd tell us.

seconded on the club bulk buy bit :)

Ref the insurance, I think when I fitted my TTE Twin Exhaust to the RAV4.2, there was no significant change to the premium (I can't remember the full details but I had to pay an extra £10 pa to cover all the mods I made (mostly cosmetic but value changing, and a couple performance)

Would like to see a couple of pics from different angles if possible.. But count Me in for a Group buy....... :thumbsup:

I've sent an enquiry but no response so far. I'm sure Stew bartered for £300 delivered but that was in the days of 17.5% VAT so maybe they have come down a bit. We'll see.

I've sent an enquiry but no response so far. I'm sure Stew bartered for £300 delivered but that was in the days of 17.5% VAT so maybe they have come down a bit. We'll see.

I did indeed get mine all in for £300 inc delivery, and free fitting, "well a couple of bottles of pear cider" by Anchs, Note, the one you are looking at says (for PETROL model only) and i am struggling to find the diesel version although i have fouhd a site in Belgium at 480 euros, i also sourced a company who would make me a complete S/S system with a choice of tailpipes (twin) for around £400, Cobra themselves claim NO performance increase and it isn't any noisier so i did not inform insurance, also cobra say it cannot be fitted to vehicles with a towbar (it uses one of the towbar location holes for the nearside hanger) well! yes it can because i have done it :yes:

baileybobby531.jpg

Anyone requiring further info i will try to help if i can :thumbsup: Stew