Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Locking On Ravs

bothwell_buyer

I have a problem with remote locking on my RAV number 2. It takes several attempts before it locks/unlocks and I wonder if it may be the fob Battery at fault.

I ask this as there seems to be a flurry of locking experts on here recently so I thought it was a chance to get a quick reply?

Its a 1994 RAV with a kind of oval shaped fob and just 2 buttons - one for lock and one for unlock.

Cheapest test is to change the Battery for sure. I usually find out the right Battery and buy a strip of 5 Panasonics or similar branded batteries on eBay or at the market for a couple of quid.

I have a problem with remote locking on my RAV number 2. It takes several attempts before it locks/unlocks and I wonder if it may be the fob battery at fault.

I ask this as there seems to be a flurry of locking experts on here recently so I thought it was a chance to get a quick reply?

Its a 1994 RAV with a kind of oval shaped fob and just 2 buttons - one for lock and one for unlock.

Bothy, try another Battery but if that doesn't work, it may be the actuator in the door. Is the problem just with the driver's door? There are a couple of threads on RAV4World with photos showing how to disassemble the actuators and repair them. The small motors inside can be cleaned and burnished to make them work like new.

I would try the Battery first. When mine started going i had to try pressing it several time then getting really close until eventually trying all sort of weird positions like the 'over the head' shot.. Anyway simple £3 Battery saved the day.

Thanks

will try the Battery first but James is right as well .... in the freeze a week ago the drivers door lock stuck so will have a go.