Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parts Advice Please?

ma1lik

Hi Guys,

After a month or so of trying to get the vehicle dignosed, a possible conclusion maybe near however i need someone to confirm,Ive been told the fuel pump has 2 switches which need replacing, Does this sound possible, does anyone have any further info, the guy said the fuel pump is fine just the switches need replacing at a cost of 400 inc labour.

2.0 d4d 2001 model. If anyone can confirm what i have been told sounds right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

At my age I need reminding what the problem was.

The fuel pump has two SCV (electro mechanical valves) that you can buy and change yourself by following the pinned instructions. Kingo will post them to you for £200 ish.

Hi Anchorman,

Thanks for your advice. The problem at the moment is the car starts and runs fine however, once running for 15 mins or so onwards things start slowing down, lack of power, sluggish and push it to hard eml comes on and you have to pull up and switch the car off and wait a few mins, then your ready to go for another 5 mins or so then groundhog day.

Ive checked the EGR valve and had it checked elsewhere, Injectors have been checked and the guy fixing it says the valves you mentioned. Once again Thanks for your time.

with the fuel filter in case it is blocked and starving the fuel but if not SCvs are a pretty good bet.

What is the fault code?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Anchorman,

Just to give you an update.

The car has been fixed. My dad didnt trust me under the bonnet and paid the garage to replace the scv's. Dissapointed as i was the car has been returned and s running as good as new and i should hope so to as to date since the problem started in Nov i think he's spent £2000 getting it back on the road.

Thanks for your help and everyone else who gave me advice.

:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links