Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vigo Fuel Light Always On Help

wany

Hey,

I have a Vigo and something looking very similar to the fuel light is always on. it actually not the fuel light but it has the fuel symbol and under it it as like these waves. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix the problem?

Hey,

I have a Vigo and something looking very similar to the fuel light is always on. it actually not the fuel light but it has the fuel symbol and under it it as like these waves. Does anyone know what this is and how to fix the problem?

Wany................

Sounds like you have water in your fuel: There is a sensor which detects this fitted to the bottom of the fuel filter. (Fuel floats on water)

At the very least you should drain this water off via the small drain ***** at the bottom of the fuel bowl of the filter housing. Then you may need to prime the filter....to replace the amount of water released with fuel.Replace the filter in due course.

(The water is the result of condensation in the fuel tank: Quite normal, and is trapped, by design, in the bottom of the fuel filter bowl.)

OK? Regards, Steve.

Wany,

I have just answered your post: In I said to open the "small drain____",

But it has deleted the word because, I suppose, it is the rude word for the male organ! Unbelievable censorship or what?......You will have to fill in the missing word for yourself! (Four letters...sounds like "dock".... It is quite the legitimate name for this component in the UK. Best laugh of the day!!!

Regards

Steve

Hey

Thanks alot. I actually bought a Toyota service manual but the manual uses the intellgence tester to figure out alot problems kinda useless for me since i don't have one. After reading through the service manual i found it said that it means the fuel filter needs changing but it didn't mention anything about water. But i will check both i don't have my jeep on me right now so i'll take a look and see.

thanks

Yes, that's about right: In changing the fuel filter you will eliminate any water content in the filter housing.

Not familiar with what form yours actually takes....there may be no drain to speak of....replace the filter = eliminate the problem.

A word of caution: The light may have been triggered by the "computer" based on time/travel, the light may have to be reset with the appropriate diagnostic tool.

Or, try again on this forum: There may be a simple way of doing it, i.e. disconnect the Battery for xx seconds, or something similar.

Cheers,

Steve.

have the bonnet open and the keys in your hand unplug the small connector next to the fuel filter housing then go put the key in the ignition and turn it on(click two)then go back to the plug you unplugged then plug it back in...light out....job done

fuel light flashing=water in the filter

fuel light on solid=req new filter

The manual that i bought said when the light is flashing replace the fuel filter but if it's solid it means water. Anyway either way you have to fix the problem.

throw it away mate its wrong...im a licenced toyota tec and work at a main dealers i have all the notes on the warning system..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ormi Great tip mate I tried it it worked....thanks a lot

• 1 year later...

Ormi Great tip, I tried it it worked....

total time 12 seconds... job done

thanks a lot

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links