Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Battery Power Drain In Cold Weather Help!

offroader4

Rav4 reg 57 new Battery fitted last year for same problem now colder weather if not started each day

power drained overnight, everything has been checked out by garage, no problems found,

has anyone experienced similar.

Advice please!!

My 6.5 year old diesel mark 2 had a flat Battery tonight after having a 12 mile return (six miles there, six miles back) journey yesterday. At 6.5 years I think I'll be buying a new Battery tomorrow. I'll be getting the most powerful one that fits the tray.

Rav4 reg 57 new battery fitted last year for same problem now colder weather if not started each day

power drained overnight, everything has been checked out by garage, no problems found,

Advice please!!

Is the Battery actually flat or is it just slow to turn over ?

Rav4 reg 57 new battery fitted last year for same problem now colder weather if not started each day

Advice please!!

Did they check the glow plugs out?

Advice please!!

or the spark plugs taffy?

Advice please!!

You're starting to remind me of someone who use to be on here ages ago! Now I wonder who that could be :rolleyes:

I was refering to the 2nd post mate when I said Glow plugs! But yer... Spark plugs for the non oil burner ;)

Advice please!!

You're starting to remind me of someone who use to be on here ages ago! Now I wonder who that could be :rolleyes:

I was refering to the 2nd post mate when I said Glow plugs! But yer... Spark plugs for the non oil burner ;)

was he tall slim and andsome.. devlish sence of humor tall thin fat short bloke clean shaven wiv a beerd and a mustosh walked on his feet a lot .......

The Battery should first be drop tested. After this, place an ammeter between the Battery and the Battery lead. Make sure evrything is off and leave the car for several minutes until it all powers down. Make sure the boot light is switched off too.

Advice please!!

was he tall slim and andsome.. devlish sence of humor tall thin fat short bloke clean shaven wiv a beerd and a mustosh walked on his feet a lot .......

Nope!... The guy I was thinking about was a short ginger dwarf with one leg and bad breath! He was always getting legless down the pub! Must be someone else I was thinking about :eek:

Advice please!!

Nope!... The guy I was thinking about was a short ginger dwarf with one leg and bad breath! He was always getting legless down the pub! Must be someone else I was thinking about :eek:

nah thats red yaris your on about

Advice please!!

Mine is a petrol but in the past I thought I had a dud Battery.

After it was tested and found to be OK it turned out the contacts in the solonoid needed cleaning.

Just a suggestion.

Del

Advice please!!

nah thats red yaris your on about

Ouch!... I wonder what he might say about that! :unsure:

Advice please!!

Mine is a petrol but in the past I thought I had a dud Battery.

After it was tested and found to be OK it turned out the contacts in the solenoid needed cleaning.

Just a suggestion.

Del

I bookmarked this site a while ago as I thought it might come in useful at some time :D

http://www.repairkitsuk.com/1.html

They sell replacement solenoid plungers and contacts for Nippon Denso starters via eBay. Last time I looked the ones for my Toyota Denso starter were around £14.