Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Mats

paulmel

Hi all,

After some new (carpet, not rubber) car mats. Existing ones were the Toyota's own which I've had in the car from new (3 years,9 months) and the drivers one has just worn through.

Want some of same thickness/quality but Toyota's are now of a lesser quality so I'm informed by Kingo although, to be fair, this is reflected in the new lower price.

Anyone know if they are still any good ?

If not, any recommendations?

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Paul.

I buy car carpet from the guys who sell carpet for classic car resstorations etc. Can't remember their name off hand but got them in the Jaguar Enthusiasts magazine. I think they will supply any colour and edge it for you as well.

If you are interested, I have the Roll Royce Blue carpet from RAV number one as the car has been stripped out almost entirely. The carpet needs hoovered but was only fitted a couple of years ago. Stitch yersel but.

Hi all,

After some new (carpet, not rubber) car mats. Existing ones were the Toyota's own which I've had in the car from new (3 years,9 months) and the drivers one has just worn through.

Want some of same thickness/quality but Toyota's are now of a lesser quality so I'm informed by Kingo although, to be fair, this is reflected in the new lower price.

Paul.

"the drivers one has just worn through." Good God, man, don't you remove your footwear when entering the vehicle? You surely don't drive with your street shoes on?

Disgraceful! What is the world coming to?!

Hi all,

Paul.

Watch how you go on the car mat quality there, Paul.....I bought some non Toyota mats for wife's Rav coz thought the £45.00 for Toyota ones off Kingo were a bit steep (don't know if that was pre or post his now reported thickness reduction)

Much as Kingo to be commended for his honesty, the copies I bought at half his price were....half as good as Toyota if not worsererer. Ye buy cheap, ye buy twice times..... :thumbsup:

Big Kev

I bought my RAV4.2 with 10,000 miles on the clock and 11 months old. Sold it at 55,000 miles and 4 years 11 months old.

The drivers mat was still in excellent condition and when I turned the mat upside down you could see an indentation where the heels were but nothing else.

Quite shocked at these other Toyota mats wearing through at just a few years

HI Charlie, youve hit the ground running on your return. expected nothing less.

Quite shocked at these other Toyota mats wearing through at just a few years

I'd have been pleased if my [Toyota] driver's mat had lasted a few years. Managed 15 months :angry:

I was shocked by the light weight of the carpet and the fact that there was no reinforced heel pad.

I repaired it with thin rubber auto mat stuck on with Evo-Stik. That now needs replacing after another 35K miles.

I've got the original rubber mats in my Yaris and they haven't worn through. I've seen rubber mats in Tesco, Dunnes another shop - forget where now, and they very thin,light and didn't look like they would last long. One time I was in Halfords and saw rubber mats on the way past and they didn't look very good. I find my original mats to be really thick and they feel nice and heavy.

My other Yaris had the original mats too and they were in mint condition too. Fabric ones

I've got the original rubber mats in my Yaris and they haven't worn through. I've seen rubber mats in Tesco, Dunnes another shop - forget where now, and they very thin,light and didn't look like they would last long. One time I was in Halfords and saw rubber mats on the way past and they didn't look very good. I find my original mats to be really thick and they feel nice and heavy.

My other Yaris had the original mats too and they were in mint condition too. Fabric ones

Yeh but You haven't got size 15s Like David ......................................... :unsure: :unsure:

Yeh but You haven't got size 15s Like David ......................................... :unsure: :unsure:

Big feet, big.............. :rolleyes:

The first set I had in the 2006 model seemed much heavier but I vacuum my mats every week and shampoo about every third week (a quick spray with autoglym interior cleaner and a wipe over with an old autoglym synthetic leather). Not sure which I had in the blue RAV but they looked like new after a year. The red RAV mats looked like new after 3 years.

The first set I had in the 2006 model seemed much heavier but I vacuum my mats every week and shampoo about every third week (a quick spray with autoglym interior cleaner and a wipe over with an old autoglym synthetic leather). Not sure which I had in the blue RAV but they looked like new after a year. The red RAV mats looked like new after 3 years.

Doh .... Cant be ubikd with all that car cleaning mularky ............................. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

And the secrets out !! David has got big .................. shoes !! :yahoo:

Some of my shoes have metal heels ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links