Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch? And Coolant

zaffy

Hi everyone,

Firstly a Merry Christmas to you all,

Two points to ask, firstly the minor one, there's no leak but my coolant needs a top up and I would like to buy some however Toyota are too dear for me and another member did tell me there were cheaper places to buy the recommended stuff on eBay but try as I might I simply cannot seem to find any on there so I was really hoping some kind/clever person could post a linky to some/any on eBay for my 56 plate Aygo plus.

Also not wanting to sound lame but had trouble getting car into gears this week and its got much worse today so am I right to assume its the clutch??

I've never had a clutch replacement before and could'nt find suitable info however I think I understand there were some issues regarding the size of the clutch plate or something??.

Do Toyota now only supply a bigger plate or do I need a kit or what please??. Or can I use a Motor Factors and how can one tell the size of plate is correct before fitting??.

Also how long is the job and roughly how much does it/should it cost and is there any other job that should be done at the same time.

Really bad timing of course but its been such a fab little car that I really cannot complain about it, the last year of ownership has been great.

I wont be using dealership btw, it will be a small local garage here in Ipswich.

Beast Wishes to you all and have a safe Happy Christmas and Healthy Happy New Year.

Regards Andy

Hi everyone,

Firstly a Merry Christmas to you all,

Two points to ask, firstly the minor one, there's no leak but my coolant needs a top up and I would like to buy some however Toyota are too dear for me and another member did tell me there were cheaper places to buy the recommended stuff on ebay but try as I might I simply cannot seem to find any on there so I was really hoping some kind/clever person could post a linky to some/any on ebay for my 56 plate Aygo plus.

Also not wanting to sound lame but had trouble getting car into gears this week and its got much worse today so am I right to assume its the clutch??

I've never had a clutch replacement before and could'nt find suitable info however I think I understand there were some issues regarding the size of the clutch plate or something??.

Do Toyota now only supply a bigger plate or do I need a kit or what please??. Or can I use a Motor Factors and how can one tell the size of plate is correct before fitting??.

Also how long is the job and roughly how much does it/should it cost and is there any other job that should be done at the same time.

Really bad timing of course but its been such a fab little car that I really cannot complain about it, the last year of ownership has been great.

I wont be using dealership btw, it will be a small local garage here in Ipswich.

Beast Wishes to you all and have a safe Happy Christmas and Healthy Happy New Year.

Regards Andy

Geriatric thankyou for the link but I'm going to get a garage to do it. Though interesting to see how much the kit actually is. Mrpj thankyou for your link, I shall check that out tonight and see if I can order a bottle. With regard to my clutch I'm miffed, I'm sure someone on here says it only takes an hour and a have yet all the garages I've called are quoting 4 hours. They are saying the subframe has to come off and the job is fiddly, one garage didn't even want the job!! Best price so far is for oem clutch 300 quid plus Vat boo hoo. Also one garage said I'd probably need a new flywheel at an extra 150 quid plus hour fitting. My mind is boggling. Any ideas or advice.

If you're looking for a clutch kit then I've foung that either looking on eBay (For a genuine Toyota) or buypartsby.co.uk is the cheapest and they are LUK which is what Toyota use from factory :thumbsup:

Geriatric thankyou for the link but I'm going to get a garage to do it. Though interesting to see how much the kit actually is. Mrpj thankyou for your link, I shall check that out tonight and see if I can order a bottle. With regard to my clutch I'm miffed, I'm sure someone on here says it only takes an hour and a have yet all the garages I've called are quoting 4 hours. They are saying the subframe has to come off and the job is fiddly, one garage didn't even want the job!! Best price so far is for oem clutch 300 quid plus Vat boo hoo. Also one garage said I'd probably need a new flywheel at an extra 150 quid plus hour fitting. My mind is boggling. Any ideas or advice.

I recently had a new clutch at 55,000 miles fitted at Bridge Motors Westhoughton £200 plus vat I understand it took 2.5 hrs my local Toyota agent wanted £519

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone, Happy New Year to you all!!,

Just thought I'd post back after gettingt my clutch done.

I went to a garage recommended by one of my wifes employees, thought I was taking a risk as I didnt know them but they were really good and the car drives great now.

The peddle only comes up slightly before we are off and to be honest took some getting used too as I stalled it four times just on t way home from the garage lol, probably just my imagination but it also feels quicker to pull off and drive.

Job cost me £320 all in, including three peice origional equipment clutch so not a bad price and the guy was busy so stayed late into the evening to get the work done so that he could sqeeze my car in.

Btw coolant ordered and £5 cheaper than dealer!!.

Take care all,

Regards Zaffy.