Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Verso 1.4 D4D

avensis_toyota

Hi Guys,

I would like to buy Yaris Verso, year 2001-2005 with 1.4 D4D 75 HP engine. I much as I already looked at seelers, these cars have from 50k to 100k miles on counter. I would like to have it up to 200k miles, in next 2 years, then buy new Toyota. :)

I am planing to drive across Europe in next summer , so I need a good, reliable, bulletprof car and big enough for all camping stuffs.

I know about very lov fuel consuption and that engine have a timing chain (question is are they good, no stretching, etc. ?)

Any known problems with the car? What should I check before buying?

For every information you can give me, I will be pleased!

Thank you!

Hi

Read the review and guide. at Honest John..

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/yaris-1999/

Watch for rust round petrol filler down to tank on the pipes..

The diesel if well maintained is good for 200k miles plus. BUT watch for signs of overheating - antifreeze stains round engine/pipes/radiator and check the coolant is pink (the original antifreeze colour and last 10 years).. . Oil in water or overheating = Head gasket failure (design changed 2002).

Any sign of overheating - take it for at least 4 mile run to warm up and when warm drive hard up a longish hill.. The red HOT sign should not light up.

Check when you switch on ignition that all warning lights do work especially ABS and engine temperature...

The chain should NOT rattle on startup and the oil warning light should go out within 2 seconds.

Basically the cars are very reliable and little goes wrong unless sadly neglected - which is usually obvious..

(Radiators can corrode with age)...

The HJ guide - see above is pretty good - <cough> I (madf) wrote bits of it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links