Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed

yaris781

Hi

I could do with someone's help. I bought a bracelet for my wife for Xmas and left the box in the cup holder. As I went to fill up and came back in the little ones were quiet and I thought nothing of it. On arrival at home I picked the little box pleased with myself and thought i'd take a look at it again it was GONE!!!!

One of the kids had only taken it out and for some reason put it down passenger side air vent. Please please does anyone know how to take it apart so I can retrieve it. I would be very grateful otherwise I don't think I'll be celebrating Christmas at home but probably be homeless

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Ash

Is it magnetic ?? Or have any magnetic parts at all ?? A wee magnet on bit of string ? Or one of those claw pick up devices ?? What car is it ??....................

Do you mean for the demister or the one by the passenger window?

This just goes to show what an irresponsible act leaving kids in the car is. Any decent caring RAV owner (this is a RAV we are talking about, right?) would have instinctively tied them up and put them in the boot :rolleyes:

Take out the glove box as shown on the cabin filter thread and look up. You should be able to remomve a section of trunking. The vents at the side pull out but they can sometimes be pushed from behind at the same time.

Have a heart. The little darlings were posting it to Santa.

I have the same problem with my father and he's 92 (hearing aid missing presumed thrown in the fire to see how it would cope).

On the early RAVs the plastic airduct stuff is thin and bendy so you shouldn't have a problem. However don't try connecting a compressor to the exhaust as it won't get to the ducts. Finding a child small enough to shove their mitt (hand/arm) down said aperture may also succeed. The local school may be able to help :lol:

Thanks for your replies lol

It's the one on passenger side yes it is a Rav

I don't think a magneti would do it as its 22 carat gold

I think next time they will go in The boot. Usually they only faff around with the radio or steering wheel.

If the mrs finds out she will kill me

Her birthday and Christmas present floating round in an air vent or me floating around under a bridge for food on Xmas day

Ash

Yep kids are something else. If they're not feeding toast to the DVD player or bunging up the plumbing by stuffing towels down the toilet bowl, you'll find them dropping the wife's Christmas pressie down the air vent.

Hope you manage to recover the bracelet mate and if you find yourself wandering about on Christmas day starving, pop round to our place. We will have food to spare. We're up in Scotland mind, so you might have a bit of a walk.

Which RAV are we taking about? I'm assuming the 4.2?

Pics probably not much use to you, but it's about all I've got. It's going back a few years, but I *think* the vent bezels do come off. Whether you can then get the vent itself out and a small hand in there, I'm not sure (assuming it's gone down the vent and not the demister). There's the side access panel and removing the glove box might give you access to the duct, but whether you can easily get it free from the vent, I suspect not.

4-2heaterducts.jpg

Any decent caring RAV owner (this is a RAV we are talking about, right?) would have instinctively tied them up and put them in the boot :rolleyes:

Surely not? kids should be transported in a roofbox at all times. And preferably one that is easily hosed down afterwards. ;).

Lol, thanks for that I'm going to attempt it later today away from the house

It is a 4.2 thanks

Ah find this talk of kids in the boot and in roof boxes really quite disturbing....there is nothing wrong with them clinging on to a bare Roof Rack....if their hands get cold and they get blown off....ho-hum.....much cheaper Christmas..... somebody else can feed them. :eek:

Big Kev

Don't say that please. Didn't get chance today mrs is off to do last minute shopping tomorrow and that's when I'm going to try and retrieve it. More paranoid now that you said it might not be there

:unsure: opps!! you will have to bribe the kids :yes:

It most probably will be there as most things end up in places that look like letter box`s :thumbsup:

I hope for your sake the kids told you the truth of its location.. An 'air vent' can mean an open window as i have found out in the past - a watch'less rav owner :(

...there is nothing wrong with them clinging on to a bare roof rack....if their hands get cold and they get blown off....ho-hum.....much cheaper

Too much damage risk to RAV paint and bodywork in the process of them getting blown off. Much better contained at all times in my opinion ;).

OK, having thought about this there's an "easy" solution ;). take one air-boat:

Air_boat.jpg

Fix air-boat to ground with some sturdy fixings. Make big funnel. Big end of funnel should just fit diameter of air-boat fan cage. Place big end of funnel over cage at back of air-boat. Attach one end of a flexible pipe to small end of funnel. (oh, yeah, might be a good idea to bolt down funnel too). Drop blower motor down in RAV (fairly easy to do). Put other end of flexible pipe up into area where blower motor was. Seal all vents in RAV apart from one with lost item in.

Start air-boat. Rev nuts off air-boat. Watch lost item fly from air vent and smash through rear window of RAV :).

Lol, wish it was that easy!!! I

My kids are a nightmare boxing day 2008 was in a store looking for a new bathroom suite. As we got out of the car they are so predictable "mommy we need the toilet " as per usual mrs says well you will have to wait now till we get home. As we went round they stopped asking didn't think nothing of it, when one of them goes it's ok we been now so just they were only winding us up as per usual.

As we started to leave the store and we walked past The display toilets they only tell us they'd used them (a boy and a girl we got) but couldn't flush them and there was no loo roll sure enough they actually had I couldn't get out of there fast enough I was so angry with them but an hour later I saw the funny side of it. Honestly we've got three now and they are a nightmare this is only one of their nightmares!!!

I hope for your sake the kids told you the truth of its location.. An 'air vent' can mean an open window as i have found out in the past - a watch'less rav owner :(

Cooorrrrr You really know how to cheer a Guy up !!!!....... :yahoo: :yahoo:

Lol, wish it was that easy!!! I

My kids are a nightmare boxing day 2008 was in a store looking for a new bathroom suite. As we got out of the car they are so predictable "mommy we need the toilet " as per usual mrs says well you will have to wait now till we get home. As we went round they stopped asking didn't think nothing of it, when one of them goes it's ok we been now so just they were only winding us up as per usual.

As we started to leave the store and we walked past The display toilets they only tell us they'd used them (a boy and a girl we got) but couldn't flush them and there was no loo roll sure enough they actually had I couldn't get out of there fast enough I was so angry with them but an hour later I saw the funny side of it. Honestly we've got three now and they are a nightmare this is only one of their nightmares!!!

HaHa Dare I ask the ERRRRR nature of the deposits ???....................................... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

They both pee'd lol thank god don't know what I would have done if they had done a No 2

They both pee'd lol thank god don't know what I would have done if they had done a No 2

A Brown Job ?? Ruuuunnnnnn !!.................... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: