Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vsc Trc Warning Light.

Ady-Rav4

Hi everyone.

I've got the 'VSC TRC' warning light just come on today on our 4.2 XT3. That's a problem with the Traction Control or Vehicle Stability Control.

I know there's going to be a few things to check.

Has anyone had this problem, if so, what was wrong and was it expensive to repair?

Any info will be helpfull before I take the RAV in for assesment and repair.

Thanks.

Hi I had a problem on a 4.3 vvti xt4 and it was the abs sensor on the off side rear. Is yours the petrol version? The Toyota garage identified which corner it was on their diagnostic test, then knocked the price of the test off the final bill. I was going on holiday 2 days later so did not have time to do the work my self but try cleaning each one first to see if it clears, I was told metal filings from brake disks cover them and stop th from working.

You need the code really. If it has gone off then it might pay to leave it a while and see if it does it again.

Thanks for the replies.

Actually Anchs it has gone off now, so I imagine it may have sorted itself out.

That's a good tip Kipps, are those sensors easy to see?

But, it's the first time that I've seen this lit on the dash, though the manual says that it should come on a few seconds after turning the ignition. I don't know why it doesn't. The manual says I should get it checked if it doesn't!

If it doesn't come on when the ignition is turned, would the check be to see if the bulb had blown that lights it up, or for something else?

I am puzzled, an XT3 doesn't have VSC or TRC, they were only on the XT4 and above models.

Phil

I am puzzled, an XT3 doesn't have VSC or TRC, they were only on the XT4 and above models.

Phil

Actually Phil, that was my understanding aswell. I can remember now when looking into buying a 4.2. We have had our XT3 for just over a year now. When starting, the only light that comes on a few seconds in that area is the ABS light. It's the 1st time I've seen this VSC/TRC light lit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links