Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New England

vicegrips

Hi guys, just back from a holiday in new england and thought you might enjoy these pics. We came accross this in a small town called Plymouth in the state of Vermont. All that remains of this mans home is his barn and half buried contents. Unbelievable to think that the small stream at the side of this property became the raging torrent that devastated this mans property. Pics were taken through the barn window(glass had already been removed). We all heard about hurricane Irene just missing New York but very little coverage of the destruction caused elsewhere in america. We were shocked to see first hand albeit 4 months later the damage caused to small villages and towns. Buildings, bridges and roads had been replaced or were in the process of being done. Debris caught in trees 20ft above rivers etc etc.

Shocked to read about the way you were treated Charlie and am glad you didnt leave. I have always enjoyed reading your posts and am glad youre back (even though i didnt know you had left)

On the rav front. New engine fitted in july has loosened up nicely now and am averaging 44mpg, measured brim to brim and not on the very optimistic onboard computer which shows 57-60 mpg. Im very happy with an average of 44mpg for a jeep. Dislikes would be the notchy 1st to 2nd gear change especially when cold and that god awful louder than any transit van i have ever owned diesel engine clatter when cold. Once warmed up after 5 miles or so its grand. Will definetly get round to doing some of the mods mentioned on this site- boot lights, rev sensors and rear camera being top of the list. First thing has to be an engine chip for a bit more get up and go.

Although having made only a couple of posts,i find that i cannot pass the computer without checking out whats going on in the rav4 forum. Have i caught the bug? definetly! I would think that there are probably quite a lot of members like me that seldom post but just enjoy reading and enjoying the craic and banter on the forum. I paticularly enjoy Big Kevs twist on the english language. Thanks for all the info and i hope you all had a great christmas and may i wish all of you a very happy new year.

clive.

post-48660-0-22954800-1325278077_thumb.j

post-48660-0-25283500-1325278280_thumb.j

post-48660-0-07430500-1325280934_thumb.j

post-48660-0-06412400-1325281101_thumb.j

post-48660-0-54188100-1325281728_thumb.j

Welcome back Vicegrips. I will explore New England soon and thanks for the pictures.

Clive min but....what is this "English language" stuff you speak of....?

In very near future,(next few weeks) will be delivering a telly to Bangor....if you're not too far away, could let you try SR180 wiff Kingo chip thereon....smashin'.....forgot to look what spec thou hast yourself.....?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Welcome back Vicegrips. I will explore New England soon and thanks for the pictures.

Ya gotta do Cape Cod / Hyannistown, and up to northern tip of the peninsula to a place called Provincetown....you'll fit in great there....!!!!!

Bad Kev :eek:

Was in Provincetown and seen a lot of strange things there.Wasnt aware what it was famous for. Do you really think he will fit in ?

I have just Wiki,d Provincetown, makes interesting reading!!!!!

Regards Clare

Was in Provincetown and seen a lot of strange things there.Wasnt aware what it was famous for. Do you really think he will fit in ?

Nae bother, Clive...as long as he doesn't take Mrs. Anchs and does his usual John Travolta walk, he'll blend perfectly..... :yahoo:

To what are you referring about Anchs :unsure: He doesn't have to go to New England for that, He only has to get off his little Puff! Puff! at Oxford Rd station and mince 800yds up to Canal Street Manchester (the locals have removed the "C" off canal and the "S" off street "genuine") and he is in the largest Gay village in Europe, home of the annual Mardi Gras and Gay pride carnival, and great fun it is too! :thumbsup: Stew

To what are you referring about Anchs :unsure:

What me? nothing at all Stew. :thumbsup: I just remember the place being featured in the programme. Live and let live I say :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Live and let live. My wife and i enjoyed our day in Provincetown even though the weather was crap the CRAIC was great!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links