Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Senna

firemac

My lad bought me the DVD for Christmas. Just watched it - welling up a bit. God, that guy was something else.... if you get a chance to watch it, it does bring back some memories.............

I watched it but for me there is something missing from the film. I cant put my finger on what, though. They also missed quite a bit out, but mister Eclestone controls the footage.

I have a copy at home, crackin film. You almost sense the drame to unfold when the FIA band the use of ground effects. The Williams GP car and others did not cope with this reg and the 2 deaths at the GP in Italy really summed up the devestsing effect of this rule.A massive waste of a true genius.

Regards Clare

Thread moved to appropriate forum.......(Not RAV related)

Not seen 'Senna' the Film, but avid follower of F1 for many years, so will be looking out to watch.

As far as 'Senna' the Man is concerned, sorry, but not a fan of his at all. He may well have been a great driving talent, but I did not care for his personality and ethos.

I have yet to watch the DVD that my son bought me for Christmas :thumbsup:

I watched it at the flicks, amazing. One of the only times i was genuinely sad when he died, i was 13 and watching it live, TV people were still indestructible until that moment.

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert

The bit where the driver is bent in half laid on the track oooh, how did he survive that?

And watching Senna and other arguing with the FIA chief about safety stuff, makes me sick.

• 2 months later...

I'm just watching this now on Sky Movies HD.

Very touching/moving. Show's how good he was, not just on the track.

Im naughty and will watch it via the pirate bay, sounds good

EDIT: Blimey that didnt take long...........:D

• 4 years later...

I watched this a while ago. I was too young to appreciate Senna, or F1, and watching the film was really interesting to me on the history of F1 during Senna's time in the sport.

What I didn't expect was the crash that killed him. When you first see Imola, you can start to feel the tension build. You know what's going to happen, but when he smashes in to it and the sound cuts off, that is simply the best bit of production in any film I've ever seen. It shocked me, even though I've seen that same footage hundreds of times before on the internets. Suppose really it's put in the context of his life, and how it ended far too soon and far too quickly.