• Registered Member
  • 4 posts
  • First Name:Mandy
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Urban Crusier
  • Year: 2010

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hi,

I recently visited a Toyota garage to put my Urban Crusier in for a full service (59 plate). The car was returned and within a day the Yellow spanner light came on and flashed constantly. I took it back and they reset the timer, which worked for 2 days i have been back 4 times and each time it has been reset. The light comes once once you have been driving for a bit, there is no rhyme or reason as to when the light decides to come on, but it stays on until you turn the engine off. The garage does not know the fault and its frustrating as the light is quite distracting especially if your drving in the dark it catches your eye. I wondered if a connector pin has been damaged if they changeda fuse? Any suggestions??? The car is still under warrenty.

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 A9er

A9er

• Registered Member
  • 19 posts
  • First Name:David
  • Toyota Model: Urban Cruiser AWD

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Have you tried resetting yourself it is on page 347 0n the Urban cruiser owners manual.This happened to my Daughters 1.4D Yaris after she had it serviced a few years ago, and I reset it myself.

If that does not work keep taking in back while it is under warranty and let them sort it.

I have had my 59U/c has had its 1yr & 2ndyr service with no problems.

Regards
David

#3 Urban 1780

Urban 1780

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

Have you tried resetting yourself it is on page 347 0n the Urban cruiser owners manual.This happened to my Daughters 1.4D Yaris after she had it serviced a few years ago, and I reset it myself.

If that does not work keep taking in back while it is under warranty and let them sort it.

I have had my 59U/c has had its 1yr & 2ndyr service with no problems.

Regards
David

Hi David

No i have not tried that. Super thanks will give it a go.

Thanks very much

#4 Manxrav

Manxrav

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • First Name:Clare
  • Gender*:Female
  • Toyota Model: Audi TT Coupe 170Bhp Diesel

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi Mandy, The yellow spanner flashing means that you have had an Oil change.The garage should have reset it when you had it serviced,I think it is a Date/Miles between service indicator and the garage has not reset it properly (although you say you,ve been back to the garage). if you look on page 420 of the Manual it explains it there.
HTH Regards Clare

#5 dervdave

dervdave

The biggest Victor Meldrew

• Registered Member
  • 1,478 posts
  • First Name:Dave
  • Toyota Model: Hilux 3.0d Invincible D/Cab
  • Year: 2013

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hi,

I recently visited a Toyota garage to put my Urban Crusier in for a full service (59 plate). The car was returned and within a day the Yellow spanner light came on and flashed constantly. I took it back and they reset the timer, which worked for 2 days i have been back 4 times and each time it has been reset. The light comes once once you have been driving for a bit, there is no rhyme or reason as to when the light decides to come on, but it stays on until you turn the engine off. The garage does not know the fault and its frustrating as the light is quite distracting especially if your drving in the dark it catches your eye. I wondered if a connector pin has been damaged if they changeda fuse? Any suggestions??? The car is still under warrenty.

Thanks

Leave the car with the dealer till its fixed. :)

#6 Devon Aygo

Devon Aygo

Staff Member

• 1,638 posts
  • First Name:Lee
  • Toyota Model: 2013 Yaris TR D4D, 2015 Auris Excel TS
  • Year: 2015

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hi, I apologise that I cannot give you the full details as I am away from work for two weeks( I work for Toyota) there is a technical service bulletin from Toyota regarding this issue of the spanner light not resetting. Return to your dealer asap and point out the fact that there is a bulletin for them to follow.

#7 Urban 1780

Urban 1780

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi Devon

I took the car back to the Toyota garage and they contacted the manufacturer for advise they carried out the following steps

Changed oil (again)
changed oil filter (again)
updated the EUC
Cleaned the petrol cap.

So far so good i have not had the light come on again, fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help.

#8 ormi

ormi

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Toyota Model: lexus is200 sport and a 2005 celica GT

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

heres the fault......the oil was too far up the dipstick....had lots of these type of faults when they are serviced else were...theirs a min and max sensor on the sump..
and you cant determin the time or date when resetting the service light its just push and hold a button till the dashes on the mileometer vanish....

#9 jedi134

jedi134

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • 3,366 posts
  • Toyota Model: Rav4 2.0 D4D XT5 4.2 2005

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

So the Toyota dealership over filled the oil?

I was thinking along the same lines as Claire, that there may be a time and distance reset procudure?

#10 ormi

ormi

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Toyota Model: lexus is200 sport and a 2005 celica GT

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

as i said YOU CANT CHANGE THE DATE OR MILEAGE THE SPANNER COMES ON!!!!! it has two presets...1 year or 10,000 miles what ever comes first.......
just in case people still dont get the drift...
you do 10,000 miles in 2 months the light will come on
you do 1000 miles in a year the light will come on
YOU CANT CHANGE THIS........

and yes they have put too much oil in!! .2 above the mark and the spanner light commes on....
i am a licenced tec,diagnostic tec and mot tester for a main dealer and have been for many years....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users