Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arriving At A Toyota Dealers Near You

Manxrav

That also is based on the Hilux. Sold in Asia as the Fortuna, in the USA as the 4Runner. It is built in Thailand and is not sold in Japan!!!!! (Wikopedia)

Regards Clare

Now thats what I call MUSCLE!!!!!!!

Regards Clare

I think the back end looks like a SSanyong ?? Bet it rides like a Hilux as well ...... Nah to big and ugly !!

The thing I think that appeals to many Rav owners is its ability plus reasonable economy..... If I wanted a vehicle that big and thirsty for everyday big miles then I would go Landrover discovery

Your probably right there Charlie, but the ravs are getting bigger also, but I supose the mpg is pretty good on them. Just don't like the look of them.

Discos are very nice. :-)

Now id have one of those. Land rover Disco. nah. once heard a dealer tell a customer to refrain from taking his off-road as it wasnt any good for the suspension.

Toyota Fortuna...............

TF2.jpg

I like the look of that but yeah it will ride like a Hilux which like all pickups is er.. bouncy and tend to forget until you get back in one. :lol:

I think the back end looks like a SSanyong ?? Bet it rides like a Hilux as well ...... Nah to big and ugly !!

The thing I think that appeals to many Rav owners is its ability plus reasonable economy..... If I wanted a vehicle that big and thirsty for everyday big miles then I would go Landrover discovery

I know they are the same vehicle basically, but I do like the look of the Black one (blue one not as nice).

The rear 3/4 reminds me of the Mercedes ML, which I have always like the shape of, and the front looks purposeful as well. I would certainly have at least a look at the Fortuna :thumbsup:

I guess the Fortuna and the RAV4 would have the same kind of connection and postioning as the Shogun Sport and Shogun do in the Mistubushi range

I love the Rav. Just wish we could get the slightly longer 7 seater they get in America...

Now id have one of those. Land rover Disco. nah. once heard a dealer tell a customer to refrain from taking his off-road as it wasnt any good for the suspension.

What? Don't take a Disco off-road? LOL. Air suspension is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggsXzctkRfo

Averaging 32mpg, Charlie. Quiet too, and road handling is brilliant.

And 7 seats which will comfortably take seven adults.

And two curry hooks built into the glove box :thumbsup:

Right on that one Hoovie it does look like a Mercedes ML. Mitzi stopped doing the Shogun sport about 5 years ago!!, but the Shogun as we know it is so big and expensive and well past it,s sell buy date.

Regards Clare

Have to agree with marksy Land Rovers are a cut above the rest in terms of luxuries, state of the art technology. The ride is awesome. And you cannot beat Landrover for their off road ability. But they can go wrong, but not to the extent of engines blowing up, they will always get you home......a proper trooper!

Mitzi stopped doing the Shogun sport about 5 years ago!!,.

Regards Clare

Shogun sports were a 4x4 van absolutly nothing good about them.

Interesting thread. There is a 13 plate I want , now that could coincide with the new Rav.

Have to agree with marksy Land Rovers are a cut above the rest in terms of luxuries, state of the art technology. The ride is awesome. And you cannot beat Landrover for their off road ability. But they can go wrong, but not to the extent of engines blowing up, they will always get you home......a proper trooper!

Yep - there's a great Disco 3 and 4 forum and I've been watching for reliability problems.

Old D3s have usual longevity problems, but there are quite a few owners with 200k+ miles, and some 300k+, and no significant problems. D4s seem to be pretty stable. Main problem is flat batteries from the timed climate control (switches car on at a pre-set time so that it is nice and toastie inside on a cold day). Other than that, it's fingers crossed :lol:

Oh - and coming from a BMW and now LR, the owners are all into blanking off the EGR. They say it's not a matter of if the EGR will cause engine problems, but when.

Toyota Fortuna...............

Toyota_Fortuner_Facelift_Thailand_16.jpg

TF2.jpg

Now that IS nice.......mmmmmmmmmmm...lead me to it.. p l e a s e ...come on Toyota GB :D

Having said that,as Clare mentioned earlier ..the hilux surf is a nice 4x4,a shame their not made anymore.

Smaller than Landcruiser,and with a boot.

Maybe i could import one.......:blink: