Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mudflaps.

Paulus17

Well guys n gals,the Mudflaps arrived yesterday as promised by Kingo,so thank you Kingo :thumbsup:

So i will,for the first time in yonks working on a car,be attempting to fit em some time over the weekend :eek:

Providing my knees back and everything else that seems to be aching these days will allow me to :wacko:

So if you don't hear from me for a while you know i will be laid up :lol::lol:

Wish me luck :thumbsup:

Well guys n gals,the Mudflaps arrived yesterday as promised by Kingo,so thank you Kingo :thumbsup:

So i will,for the first time in yonks working on a car,be attempting to fit em some time over the weekend :eek:

Providing my knees back and everything else that seems to be aching these days will allow me to :wacko:

Don't get in a flap, Paul..... :yahoo:

:lol: :lol:

Very good Kev,i'll try not to :thumbsup:

Maybe do a write up with pics if you have the time.........Could be a star coming your way if you do :yahoo:

Great idea my young Jedi knight :thumbsup:

Your a star super star.............

I've always loved to get in among the F................Tools............. Ohhhh errr............... :unsure: :unsure:

I've always loved to get in among the F................Tools............. Ohhhh errr............... :unsure: :unsure:

Can't you spell 'Fitting' then Charlie?

I still do Charlie,but they are woodturning tools :thumbsup:

Ha Ha I cant spell anything without the spell checker David !!...........

Ha Ha I cant spell anything without the spell checker David !!...........

You will be grand!....If I can fit mine to my 4.2 with as much mechanical knowledge of a dormouse then you will have a breeze!.....Even though I had to use the forum to establish what the spare screws and grommets were for! hahahaha Good Luck!

Well folks the fludmaps,as Big Kev would say are now on :yahoo:

I found the front ones to be easy,but the back ones i have a question for you more experienced fludmap fitters.Mmmmm.

It says to replace the existing grommet on the back ones,which i did for the first one,but i can't get the screw to tighten very well.

So when i done the other side i thought i would leave the existing grommet in place as i couldn't see what it achieves by removing it,and the screw tightened up a treat.

So do i need to replace the old groms with the new???

I also find that the new flaps seem more flexy than the ones i took off the other Rav?

Perhaps they will stiffen up with age like me :D

Well folks the fludmaps,as Big Kev would say are now on :yahoo:

I found the front ones to be easy,but the back ones i have a question for you more experienced fludmap fitters.Mmmmm.

It says to replace the existing grommet on the back ones,which i did for the first one,but i can't get the screw to tighten very well.

So when i done the other side i thought i would leave the existing grommet in place as i couldn't see what it achieves by removing it,and the screw tightened up a treat.

So do i need to replace the old groms with the new???

I also find that the new flaps seem more flexy than the ones i took off the other Rav?

Perhaps they will stiffen up with age like me :D

You'll probably find the wee "metal clippy-onny bit with a hole in it that's made of sprung steel" is no longer there to receive the wee screw, Paul, so won't be as secure as maybe it should be. Somebody on here will be able to abbreviate my description in brackets,and I would suggest you get one (or a selection of them, which I keep forgetting to do, but can never remember their name.....!!)

Big Whatsisname.... :unsure:

Thanks Allan/Kev :thumbsup:

Kev the new retainer as its called in the instructions,is very similar to the one already on the car and is plastic,but the new one as a bit more plastic making it taller,only reason i can think of is to enclose the screw when fixed,so you don't catch your fingys when washing/working on the car :huh:

I have also changed them both now to take the new retainer,but turned em round the other way,so the little bit where the hole is locates into the hole on the car,if you see what i mean,which seems to give a good tight fit with the screw.

Just thought i would post a piccy showing the difference in the MFs.

The new ones been wider on the arms to fit the flared arches.

mudflaps.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links