Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter

rambler

Aluminium can corode easily if not protected. I have seen similar external corrosion on aluminioum meatl filters within a year especially after a hard winter.

There is only one sure way of ensuring filters are changed and that is to mark them.

See attached link for details on one dealer who was caught with their pants down.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6903310.stm

Aluminium can corode easily if not protected. I have seen similar external corrosion on aluminioum meatl filters within a year especially after a hard winter.

There is only one sure way of ensuring filters are changed and that is to mark them.

See attached link for details on one dealer who was caught with their pants down.

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/6903310.stm

Human error my :censor: ! They knew exactly what they were doing!!! I'm glad they got found out and done!... Great post mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep good post mate, there are many more of those pirates about too. Beware of the tea and biscuits in the waiting rooms ;-)

Rambler you sure that's not the oil filter LOL!!

What's all that black stuff on it. What does it look like inside

Yep good post mate, there are many more of those pirates about too. Beware of the tea and biscuits in the waiting rooms ;-)

Rambler you sure that's not the oil filter LOL!!

What's all that black stuff on it. What does it look like inside

To be honest,it looks reasonably cleasn inside !,its just this corroded caseing that bothered my local idie,fair play to them i reckon.

Anyway after their work,cleaning my EGR and VSV,changing these filters......they may have to do more playing around investigation.

Most of the time the Rav is ok,driving sensibly its virtually no trouble......but if you are going uphill,or put your foot down it does still hold back slightly and give a few kicks.:o

Coming home from work,i have one big hill to climb ( Clingo hill ) its the main A133 coming out of Colchester,i guess it climbs about 1000 feet in 1/4 mile,and i dread that climb every night going home in rush hour :o

So it still concern's me.....not good.

The garage owner did give me some diesel additive to pour in tank soon,see how that goes......