Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2005-2014) Water Leaks Please Read

grahamthegasman

I have a Toyota Aygo Blue 2007. I have had a lot of problems with condensation in my car. When it is raining my car is covered in condensation. It is so bad that I am forever trying to wipe the windows with a cloth. My children assist me with window drying.

Rencently my car has been back to Toyota South Bristol 3 times. The second time they had my car for a week. Seals have been replaced on the boot and doors. This has not solved the problem. Often my car is wet in the footwell behind the driver. My car smells terrible and far worse than any wet dog. (I am a dog owner). I have had ice inside my car.e

I have complained to Toyota Customer Services in Surrey but they just left me a voicemail and told me to contact Toyota South Bristol. I have rang them and I have been told to keep the air con on for a week to see if that helps! I would just like this matter to be resolved.

I have a Toyota Aygo Blue 2007. I have had a lot of problems with condensation in my car. When it is raining my car is covered in condensation. It is so bad that I am forever trying to wipe the windows with a cloth. My children assist me with window drying.

Rencently my car has been back to Toyota South Bristol 3 times. The second time they had my car for a week. Seals have been replaced on the boot and doors. This has not solved the problem. Often my car is wet in the footwell behind the driver. My car smells terrible and far worse than any wet dog. (I am a dog owner). I have had ice inside my car.e

I have complained to Toyota Customer Services in Surrey but they just left me a voicemail and told me to contact Toyota South Bristol. I have rang them and I have been told to keep the air con on for a week to see if that helps! I would just like this matter to be resolved.

Try to find out which boot seals it was that they replaced, if it was just the screen seal it won't nix it fully, you need the rear vent seals as well

Alex

Hey Kaliope! Nice one with the pics. Well done! Am I the ONLY one with an Aygo that does NOT leak!??? Its a 2007 Aygo Blue, and its bone dry.

I ve noticed however in your pics for your 107. The metal work joins arent very tightly fitted. My Aygo doesnt have gaps as large as the ones in your photo.

Was your car bought from new or second hand?

post-63082-25755_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mt Aygo Blue has been back to Toyota South Bristol AGAIN. I colleted it Friday lunch time as I was informed that the leaking problem was now resloved. On checking my car the passenger footwell still felt damp. So I decided to check the drivers footwell and it was soaking. I was so angry that I rushed back into the showroom and complain. I told them I would not leave until the problem was sorted. My car was checked by the workshop manager and he could clearly see the soggy wet drivers seat footwell. She said he'd get it sorted! So I gave him my key and sat in the show room having a latte or two.

I was informed that the fault was sorted. Seals were replaced several times over the past few months .

On Friday they just tried to dry the carpet with a vax to get most of the water up. I was not present as I sat in the showroom.

I was in my car yesterday as a passenger and footwell at drivers side wet. I am unable to get to garage as had knee operation yesterday so unfit to drive.

Help I am sick of water leaks.

• 4 months later...

Having found this thread on the Toyota Owners Club I brought the extended warranty up with the Oxford dealer when I took my Aygo in to have its leak sorted (boot and rear driver side door).

They are ordering the part required and have confirmed that there will be no charge - I asked if the warranty had been extended but they were a bit coy about it but effectively it has as there will be no cost to me. There was no quibble at all they just had to confirm 'with administration'. They also gave me a courtesy car for the day. So good work by them.

DEFINITELY WORTH PUSHING FOR THE EXTENDED WARRANTY ON AYGO LEAKS IT SEEMS.

dont forget the water pump has had the warranty extended to 5 years aswell, our dealer replaced the pump at the same time as doing the leaks

• 7 months later...

Im having a similar issue. I have a 2010 Aygo and its leaking in through from, what i believe, the rear light. Although my car came with a 5year warranty sticker in the rear window my local dealer said i was only covered up until April this year. I've told them about this extended warranty and they seem to be pleading ignorance stating they dont know about it. My car is booked in for Thursday and they said they'll speak to Toyota see if they can do a repair without charge as a gesture og goodwill. Fingers crossed

Im having a similar issue. I have a 2010 Aygo and its leaking in through from, what i believe, the rear light. Although my car came with a 5year warranty sticker in the rear window my local dealer said i was only covered up until April this year. I've told them about this extended warranty and they seem to be pleading ignorance stating they dont know about it. My car is booked in for Thursday and they said they'll speak to Toyota see if they can do a repair without charge as a gesture og goodwill. Fingers crossed

your dealer is talking through their **** for major water leaks they are covered for 5 years, our 2009 black had the modified rear light seals fitted jan 2014 whe the car was 4 yrs old so go back to the dealer and tell them to ring toyota h/o and for them to ask the question or ring toyota yourself and ask them if they could email you a letter confirming the extended g/tee for leaks

Hi,

Just found about half gallon of water in the spare wheel well of the wife's 07 Aygo, to be fair she had been moaning about condensation for about six months..........

As I read the various threads......would it be safe to say I could fix it with..........Silicone on the rear higher brake light

Silicone the rear light clusters

Check rear Hatch back seal with view to replacing same

How the hell do I get the rear bumper off...but after getting off, silicone round the two vents?

Anything else guys........I'm ****** off with Toyota, .I should not have to do this!!grrrr

B

i wouldn't silicon the rear lights in case you have to change any bulbs at any time in the future

what i would do is to get some self adhesive tape like draught excluder and stick some on top

of the original seal on the rear light leaving the join at the bottom this should leave no gaps when

the lights are re fitted,the rubber bump stops for the tail gate can leak so remove them and give

them a silicone too .

for the rear bunmper have a look at this link on page 12 it shows the fixing points for you

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BEF64E781-1278-D0EC-A77A-813C374A1278%7D/Aygo%20TPA%20rear%20RHD%20PZ464-90423-00%20AIM%20001%20745-0%2006DE3168A.pdf

Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I have siliconed the high brake light, the tail lights ( it's only silicone, I can break the seal to replace any bulbs) there is a loom situated low near the spare wheel coming in from the back which is now covered in silicone, also the top tailgate hinges.........haven't had the bumper off.will see how it goes,

Thanks again.

B

Just taken my 2006 registered Aygo Black to the dealer I bought it from, from new and who I go to for servicing & MOT's as the boot was soaking wet last week.

I was only able to get an appointment today, so the recent inclement weather hasn't helped at all and I noticed a lovely mildew sprouting on the rear seats as well as about 5mm of water in the boot this morning.

Anyway i just had a call back from them to say that the following need replacing:

2no roof mouldings

2no rear vents

2no stop lamps

rear tailgate seal

2no rear window seals

2no lamp seals

So pretty much all the seals on the rear half of the car!

Apart from the fact that I feel pretty aggrieved that this has happened 6 weeks after the car went in for it's annual service & MOT and there is a potential quoted cost of £760.00 for parts & labour to sort this out, I then read on here that this is a common fault on older Aygo models!

I have spoken to Toyota Customer Support who won't do anything until they hear directly from the dealer about the diagnosis - surely Toyota and the dealers should be doing more to sort out known issues like this, shouldn't they?

A very unhappy Aygo driver!

I think Toyota are having a laugh........and before anyone flames me I realise that all major manufactures have had their problems, I was daft enough to order not one, but two Rover SDIs in the BL years.how daft am i? .but that was the 80s, one had hoped things just might have improved!

What we're saying is that Toyota can't organise the production of a small city car that does not leak, .worse than that, they will not take responsibility for their ***** up!

I've had the put silicone on a car because the manufacture can't produce a water tight product!!...........unacceptable and utterly ridiculous!.You can bet that if this were the States, Toyota would be grovelling in apologies!!

This ranks with the MR2 Roadster overbore issue, another Toyota ***** up..they extended the Warranty but still there are Roadsters out there out with the Warranty suddenly using huge amounts of oil (i.e. engine knackered ) with no recourse to Toyota...

.Why do we accept this shoddy treatment??

there is something called the limitations act this normally covers you for a period of 6 years

and this act can help you have a fault repaired by the manufacturer free of charge if you can prove

the manufacturer knew about the fault / issues that you now face.

i.e. toyota know about the water leaks that the aygo suffer from and have increased the warranty to 5 years

i would ring your toyota dealer and ask them for a written quotation for the repair to your vehicle

then i would contact toyota head office and quote the limitations act to them and advise them that

you would like the repairs to be carried out at toyotas expense if not you will be going to take

action against the company in the small claims court as the issues that you now face are inherent

issues that have existed in these vehicles since they went into production,you know toyota are aware

of the issues since they have extended the warranty to 5 years to put right there wrongs.

since the company is aware of these issues it will make it harder for toyota to defend themselves

as they cant say its a one off and never heard of it before.

since the company is aware of these issues it will make it harder for toyota to defend themselves

as they cant say its a one off and never heard of it before.

Toyota have extended the warranty, the Sale of Goods act gives you 5 years to prove something is inherrantly faulty (6 years from discovery in Scotland) the day after that, you are on your own from a legal point of view and unlikely to get any help. Going down the legal route is a very costly thing to do, probably considerably cheaper to get it fixed

Kingo :thumbsup:

the limitations act is up to 6 years as well in england i spoke to cab today to confirm this

just bought a second hand toyota black from arnold clark on 19 oct ...on 31st oct noticed that the boot was soaking wet and a big puddle under the spare wheel and also wet in rear passenger footwells ...informed the garage as it was still under 60 day warranty ...its been in since mon and they have replaced rear lights but its still letting water in...really hope they get it sorted ...worried that they wont after reading these threads it seems like a real problem with the aygos...yikes !!

the limitations act is up to 6 years as well in england i spoke to cab today to confirm this

I cannot see how the statute of limitations act is in your favour? You cannot sue somebody on that basis in a small claims court. It covers criminal and civil matters, if you want to take a civil action, it is going to cost you serious money

The route you would need to go down IMHO is the Sale of Goods act. Something that can be done relatively cheaply and without spending too much on legal fees or lawyers

Kingo :thumbsup:

Let me say first of all I don't have the answer, all I know is that possibly the biggest manufacture of cars in the world cannot organise the production of a car that does not let in water, the car.it is not fit for purpose. What is happening here is not fair and totally unacceptable IMHO

I am not big enough or conceited enough, nor have the money to think I can take on Toyota and win best I can probably become is a small local embarrassment!.

First things first, I will have a telephone conversation with Toyota's local Service Manager to establish Toyota's view on the issue, also to get a quote for the required work to rectify the situation.

Depending on the reply, I will happily contact the local papers ( I have had letters published previously in various subjects), additionally contact Honest John, and National Newspapers plus use social network sites simply outlining the situation ( would any fair minded individual not be sympathetic to the cause?)

I bought a Toyota, not a Peugeot or a Citroen because of Toyota's reputation..........more fool me!

I believe the sources of these annoying leaks are well documented on this website. I've had my 60 plate car back to Toyota twice for leaks which were fixed under warranty.

The fact that these cars leak is not acceptable of course. The problem should have been fixed long ago, at the latest during the first year of production. It's pathetic that these cars have leaked for years.

I was under the impression that Toyota have extended the Aygo leak problem warranty past 5 years? Anyone know...??

If not, I'd buy some silicon sealant and do your own repairs, it's not difficult. Seals can probably be purchased on eBay. A simple hose test will prove whether the repairs have been effective.

Update,

Phoned the local Toyota Dealer, Service Manager on Hols this week, spoke to one of his subordinates, who mentioned that she would have thought any leak issues would have become apparent before 6 years, ( So Toyota Cars are only waterproof for the Warranty period?) also mentioned she couldn't spend Toyota's money, suggested I contact Toyota Custom Relations..............nothing unusual, ,nor unexpected in the response, they are not about to throw their arms open wide .......

.Emailed Toyota Customer relations, auto reply, wanting reg and vin number.....replied with same......

Given that the seal or most of them, have been modified, a fair thinking person would think that established in itself the fact that there were issues.....even a design fault.........me no think so, fair minded don't come into it.....I now await the excuses.....history suggests, they are gonna fight all the way, history also suggests I'm gonna lose.....I can see me having to establish the part numbers for the modified parts. .or out with the silicone, more of rectifying Toyota 's inability to made a car that's waterproof ...never mind, I'll give it a crack.........

Any one have the email address of Toyota's Japanese CEO?

Here you go :

Email:

yuki_funo@toyota.comYoshi_Inaba@toyota.comJim_Lentz@toyota.com

Address:

Toyota Motor Corporation: President and Representative Director: Akio Toyoda ( Grandson of the founder )

Company Address : Head Office: 1 Toyota-Cho, Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture 471-8571, Japan

My car does leak, quite bad from all 4 doors, its an 08 so not covered, However if i was to book it in for work, what would toyota do? is there some new door seal that's different from mine that will sort the problem ? or is there some other mod they do to try and sort the problem?