Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light.

Paulus17

Mrs P mentioned the other night that the interior light doesn't come on when she gets in the Rav,i hadn't noticed this meself,but after looking at the manual for help,i went down and had a look,but our light is different to the one shown in the manual,it doesn't have the three settings as described in the manual for switching the light on,and can't seem to find any other info on it.

So does/should the light come on when we get into the Rav,and if so how do i do it??

Not got a 4.2 but can you press the light itself as in the 4.3?

Not got a 4.2 but can you press the light itself as in the 4.3?

Yes Dave i can turn it on and off,but just wondered if it should come on automaticaly when the doors are opened just for a few seconds.

Mrs P reckons the Rav before the light came on,also a 4.2 but 2002 model,but again i didn't notice??

Front light doesn't come on when you open the door but the others do. (Yes it is stupid) I thought it was a fault and asked at Mr T just after I bought mine in 2002.

Front light doesn't come on when you open the door but the others do. (Yes it is stupid) I thought it was a fault and asked at Mr T just after I bought mine in 2002.

Thanks PMB.Now sorted.What a plonker i am :rolleyes:

I didn't even notice the middle rear light,which does have the three settings on,and have now got it on door,and it does come on and go off now.Cheers :thumbsup:

It won't drain the Battery too much though will it :wacko:

Yep the front dome doesn't come on with the doors.

Attached is a PDF of how to mod it so it comes on with the doors. I'm not sure if it works, I didn't write it.

courtesy lamp.pdf

Cheers Bob :thumbsup:

Think i will be leaving tings as they are for now :blink:

Thanks Joylove I'll get my deutsch head on and see if I can make sense of that. Mind you , after over 9 years of ownership it's probably a bit late....

Thanks Joylove I'll get my deutsch head on and see if I can make sense of that. Mind you , after over 9 years of ownership it's probably a bit late....

I had a look and decided there was a problem with it, either the signal was switched -ve and a switched +ve was needed, or that when the front dome switch was activated the rear would too, or similar.

EDIT: It could have been that because it's a switched positive that if the maplight switch was left on and the car was off and the door opened, that it backpowered the circuit through tiny courtesy lighting wires. As such the connection had to be made at the two forks next to the large connector which are disconnected when the maplight switch is set.

TBH it has slipped my mind. Whilst the wiring is easy, lowering the headliner without damaging it looked less easy. Might get round to it one day as the lighting in the RAV is pretty inadequate. :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links