Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid

cuius

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassaJay

• Mister MMT

• timberwolf

• Yolina

Ah. There isn't much information (that I could find) it is almost as if they wanted to keep it a secret! Given that it ran a week ago, I would have expected at a minimum a list of entrants, cars, drivers, classes, etc, and the results for every car, team...

http://blog.toyota.c...thon-the-result

"79.78mpg, a 4.6 per cent improvement on the official figure of 76.3mpg".

Toyotas website states 80.71 as the combined but also states up to 81 mpg and also up to 89 mpg for the T3 and T4????

I thought the 76.3 mpg figure was for the T Spirit, while it does looks like they used a T4 going by the alloys on the one they used

Have they used a T4 and then used the lower figures of the T Spirit?

Still a good result given the route

Martin

Phew.

Thanks mcdrivingschool for kicking this thread off again. After 5 days without any posts i was getting withdrawal symptoms :lol:

I am guessing that the cars getting 100+ mpg were not automatics?

Would be nice to have a list of the cars used and the mpg figures.

Doesn't help that the link to the "full details" just brings up the news clip.

Interesting that there are some pics of cars being pushed in the gallery.

Yay, it looks like my car will be ready to pick up in a week's time, so the 6 weeks wait has shrunk to a month instead which is a pleasant surprise :)

Yay, it looks like my car will be ready to pick up in a week's time, so the 6 weeks wait has shrunk to a month instead which is a pleasant surprise :)

That's great news to get it earlier than expected, I'm certain you will delighted with your new car. Once I had to wait 7 months for a new car, now that is agony.

As a matter of principle I will not buy any consumer product with a long waiting list. Long waiting lists = premium prices.

As a matter of principle I will not buy any consumer product with a long waiting list. Long waiting lists = premium prices.

Plus high residual values.

In your dreams.. :-)

I recall when certain new cars were scarce and they commanded premium prices for about 6 months. Then supply picked up and the premiums vanished..

It takes a very desirable car to retain more than 50% of its value when three years old.. (see PCP residual value).

Certainly does not apply to Prius or Auris hybrids and I expect Yaris hybrids will be the same..

(and the optional extras are worse...)

You can buy a used Auris T Spirit hybrid 2010 with under 40k miles for under £11k ...

In your dreams.. :-)

I recall when certain new cars were scarce and they commanded premium prices for about 6 months. Then supply picked up and the premiums vanished..

It takes a very desirable car to retain more than 50% of its value when three years old.. (see PCP residual value).

Certainly does not apply to Prius or Auris hybrids and I expect Yaris hybrids will be the same..

(and the optional extras are worse...)

You can buy a used Auris T Spirit hybrid 2010 with under 40k miles for under £11k ...

I'm referring to short term of course, I know of owner's who actually sold their car after a few months for more than their original purchase price. This example was on a new and fairly modest model with a very long delivery waiting time. It had also received many accolades from reviewers which helped fuel the situation. The delay was mainly caused by shortages of certain popular engine and transmission combinations. Supply and demand was the catalyst for this rare and unusual situation.

"You can buy a used Auris T Spirit hybrid 2010 with under 40k miles for under £11k .."

This is essentially how I buy my cars..I have never bought a new car simply because of the outrageous depreciation witnessed when leaving the showroom. Of course, I have always preferred to own my own car ever since I had an unfortunate experience with having to drive what I was given very early in my career.( Datsun 180B estate, Mitsubishi lancer,Chevrolet blazer K5, Chevrolet caprice classic,Nissan shed er... Patrol, Buik LeSabre). hence I resent spending my wages on making the car showroom look nice.

"You can buy a used Auris T Spirit hybrid 2010 with under 40k miles for under £11k .."

This is essentially how I buy my cars..I have never bought a new car simply because of the outrageous depreciation witnessed when leaving the showroom. Of course, I have always preferred to own my own car ever since I had an unfortunate experience with having to drive what I was given very early in my career.( Datsun 180B estate, Mitsubishi lancer,Chevrolet blazer K5, Chevrolet caprice classic,Nissan shed er... Patrol, Buik LeSabre). hence I resent spending my wages on making the car showroom look nice.

Lol, tis a good job that there are people like me around who refuse to buy a 2nd hand car then init.... Or you would never be able to buy a car!

I am happy to take the hit on a new car, simply to know that I am the only person responsible for any marks!

I don't consider 1 month or even 6 weeks to be a particularly long wait. Also, given that I paid off my mortgage years ago, that i have no debts, no children or expensive hobby and don't spend much generally, i think I am allowed to get a new car if I want to :P I have absolutely nothing against second-hand cars, I know that it makes more sense financially and have had some good ones in the past, but this year is my 40th so brand new car it is :D

I don't consider 1 month or even 6 weeks to be a particularly long wait. Also, given that I paid off my mortgage years ago, that i have no debts, no children or expensive hobby and don't spend much generally, i think I am allowed to get a new car if I want to :P I have absolutely nothing against second-hand cars, I know that it makes more sense financially and have had some good ones in the past, but this year is my 40th so brand new car it is :D

Good for you - enjoy.

Lol, tis a good job that there are people like me around who refuse to buy a 2nd hand car then init.... Or you would never be able to buy a car!

I am happy to take the hit on a new car, simply to know that I am the only person responsible for any marks!

Youve heard of the phrase "more money than sense"? unfortunately for me I have always had more sense than money! Haha :D

Youve heard of the phrase "more money than sense"? unfortunately for me I have always had more sense than money! Haha :D

But some of us like to buy NEW , if only to ensure a supply of USED cars for you!

But some of us like to buy NEW , if only to ensure a supply of USED cars for you!

I hope you grow very rich, very quickly.

Then please buy some more - Yaris hybrids.. and grow tired of them very quickly. :-)

And I am very pleased and thankfull that some of you do... I will perhaps have a Yaris hybrid in a little while, I see that second hand demonstrators are popping up here and there. Maybe i will leave it a while to convince myself that there arent any nasty recalls which are peculiar to the model... again thank you all for road testing them for me. :D

Each to his own. But there is no doubt buying new is very expensive. We used to do the new thing unil I worked out how much it was costing. If you can live with that fine its your life your money.

No need for anyone to judge anyone elses decision.

Each to his own. But there is no doubt buying new is very expensive. We used to do the new thing unil I worked out how much it was costing. If you can live with that fine its your life your money.

No need for anyone to judge anyone elses decision.

Not judging.......Just expressing an opinion on a forum......As said - Each to his (or her) own :)

Buying new is expensive, but it does give us 5 years warranty and with the reliabili of Toyotas these days repairs are few and far between and free for the first 5 years if we keep the car that long.

As said, 'tis a matter of choice.

<p>

Buying new is expensive, but it does give us 5 years warranty and with the reliabili of Toyotas these days repairs are few and far between and free for the first 5 years if we keep the car that long.

As said, 'tis a matter of choice.

Except for those of us who bought early Gen IIIs, with the specially reduced weasel warranty. As you say, repairs are few and far between, so Toyota left us in the lurch for very little cost. It also appears to have massively reduced the residual on these cars as the sadly missed GC also found out to his cost.

As a direct result of this, I have not and will not replace mine after 2-3 years as I have done previously. Result, one less new Toyota sold, and one less second hand one for my dealer to make a profit from.

I strongly recommend against buying a new Toyota.

I strongly recommend against buying a new Toyota.

I am contemplating buying a Yaris hybrid . There is little choice s/h and the discount on demonstrators is not much.. (In on case a premium! since corrected)

But the internet discounters look as if savings of £1500 are achievable.. so I will likely go to them.

I will buy to keep until I die/have to give up driving due to old age/dementia/senility/drink... delete which is applicable.

The last car we bought new , we kept for 17 years...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links