Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First The Mud Flaps....

Paulus17

.....Next the side steps :thumbsup:

Well after weeks of yaying and naying about the side steps,Mrs P has decided to go for them and they have been ordered,once again from Parts king,after some confusion on my part :rolleyes: and they will be with us by next Tuesday :thumbsup:

We,well she has gone for the Black steps so it will match the rest of the black trim on the Rav.

So photos to follow when they are fitted :thumbsup:

Well the steps arrived today,as promised by PK :thumbsup:

But would you Adam n Eve it.Mrs P likes the natural Alu ones now after seeing a Rav the same colour as ours with the alu steps fitted :bangin: But after seeing the black ones now meself i think she will still like em when she sees em.

Im sure Mr Parts King will exchange them for you.........Thats the kind of guy he is... :D

As it happens all you guys n gals,now then now then now then,i've already checked to see if he will,and he willeth :P

Well the steps arrived today,as promised by PK :thumbsup:

But would you Adam n Eve it.Mrs P likes the natural Alu ones now after seeing a Rav the same colour as ours with the alu steps fitted :bangin: But after seeing the black ones now meself i think she will still like em when she sees em.

I must admit that when you said originally that you were going for the black ones, I did wonder. The satin aluminium finish really sets the car off - in my opinion.

Well folks,i know you have all been waiting for the decision on the steps, sorry for posting late :lol:

We decided tooooooooooooooo...............

Keep the black ones and WE managed to get em fitted today :eek:

Yes Mrs P gave me a hand or two to get em done,as,as soon as i started i felt terrible,so i/we was doing about half an hour on them in between me feeling sick :sick: so they took a bit longer than i planned,but they are on and done so a few more quid saved on the fitting :thumbsup:

It looks as though some steps were fitted before as the protective stip,that you have to cut away for the brackets was already cut out,so that saved a bit of time.We also had to pack the rear end of the step,by the rear wheel with all three of the sticky strips that came wuth the kit???

I will post a piccy or two the weekend,because i know you just can't wait to see em :D

I/we would also like to thank Charlie and DavRav for offers of help,and advice it is much appreciated :thumbsup:

Jim-I know what your saying about the brushed Ali but the black ones do look pretty good now they are on.

Well folks,i know you have all been waiting for the decision on the steps, sorry for posting late :lol:

We decided tooooooooooooooo...............

Keep the black ones and WE managed to get em fitted today :eek:

Yes Mrs P gave me a hand or two to get em done,as,as soon as i started i felt terrible,so i/we was doing about half an hour on them in between me feeling sick :sick: so they took a bit longer than i planned,but they are on and done so a few more quid saved on the fitting :thumbsup:

It looks as though some steps were fitted before as the protective stip,that you have to cut away for the brackets was already cut out,so that saved a bit of time.We also had to pack the rear end of the step,by the rear wheel with all three of the sticky strips that came wuth the kit???

I will post a piccy or two the weekend,because i know you just can't wait to see em :D

I/we would also like to thank Charlie and DavRav for offers of help,and advice it is much appreciated :thumbsup:

Jim-I know what your saying about the brushed Ali but the black ones do look pretty good now they are on.

Well done, Fella! looking fwd to the piccies....

Jim

As promised a final piccy of the Rav with the mudflaps and steps fitted.

I will have to change my name to Serious Blacknblue,like my counterpart on Rav4 world :lol: :lol:

ravsidesteps.jpg

They sort of 'top 'n tail' the RAV matching nicely with the rails and mudflaps Paul . Nicely understaded - sort of stealth steps :lol:

The black steps look better than I was expecting. It all looks good Paul.

Thanks Dave and Don :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave the stealth steps is what Mrs P originaly wanted,she didn't want them standing out,but she did change her mind after seeing a Rav in the flesh,so to speak, the same colour and she did like the brushed ali finish also.

Quality job Paul, looks good. SeriousBlack has been around a long time on Rav4World, and has done some "serious" mods to his Rav.

Regards Clare

Thanks Clare :thumbsup:

I only go on R4W now and again,mainly through Google when i am doing a search for summat,and SBs Rav stood out straight away.Looks a mean machine :eek:

Thanks Clare :thumbsup:

I only go on R4W now and again,mainly through Google when i am doing a search for summat,and SBs Rav stood out straight away.Looks a mean machine :eek:

They look good, Paul. Well done!! Wish mine was blue........

Thanks Jim :thumbsup:

Would you believe Mrs P wasn't keen on this colour Blue,she did have her heart set on a Black gleaming Rav,which we very nearly had but the salesman just wouldn't budge on the price.So when we saw this one with the low mileage it took some convincing her how nice the blue was :boxing: :D

Now she does love it :clap:

Trouble is she now wants the dark glass in the back :rolleyes:

Thanks Jim :thumbsup:

Would you believe Mrs P wasn't keen on this colour Blue,she did have her heart set on a Black gleaming Rav,which we very nearly had but the salesman just wouldn't budge on the price.So when we saw this one with the low mileage it took some convincing her how nice the blue was :boxing: :D

Now she does love it :clap:

Trouble is she now wants the dark glass in the back :rolleyes:

After Astral Black RAV4 & Land Cruiser, I've sworn never to have another black car - they are absolute pigs to keep clean! Complete pain in the *****.

Re the window tints, I've only ever had it on the very back side windows & tailgate window of the LC & only then to keep prying eyes out of the luggage area (no luggage cover on LC's), Personally I don't like heavy tints - when I see them I tend to think "chavvy footballer". I really don't see the point, particularly where it is fitted to the rear passenger windows but not the fronts, it tends to make the car look like a van.

More importantly, as a biker, I consider all cars I come across with tints on the front door glass to be driven by complete ******s & treat the vehicle with the appropriate level of extra caution!!.

I know what your saying Jim,all the above has been pointed out to the guvna after many people telling us :o

But i must admit that rear windows would only be tinted if we had it done,i'm still not sure meself but it's upto the boss.

Her sisters Rav as the blacked out windows which she does like and does match here colour car,which is the dark grey.

We have looked at some the same colour as ours on eBay etc that do have the blacked out windows and for some reason some look good some look naff??

Paul I love Your car ! The colour is just brilliant !! I wish My car was the same colour.. But Mate.... Sorry the black steps don't do it for Me... :)

Paul I love Your car ! The colour is just brilliant !! I wish My car was the same colour.. But Mate.... Sorry the black steps don't do it for Me... :)

Thanks Charlie :thumbsup:

It's just a pity we couldn't have seen the two types at one of the Toyota dealers but they don't keep stock at the show rooms,otherwise i think Mrs P would have gone for the natural ali ones to be honest,but the black do look pretty good,better really than in the piccy,which isn't very good.

Thanks Charlie :thumbsup:

It's just a pity we couldn't have seen the two types at one of the Toyota dealers but they don't keep stock at the show rooms,otherwise i think Mrs P would have gone for the natural ali ones to be honest,but the black do look pretty good,better really than in the piccy,which isn't very good.

So long as You and the good Lady Mrs P like it then that's cool .........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links