Kap

• Registered Member
  • 8 posts
  • First Name:K
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Avensis T180 Diesel - ~Hatchback
  • Year: 2007

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Will give it till this weekend to see how it goes. I was getting 33.7mpg last night. On the way to work it went up to 33.9. If there is no significant improvement, i will take the EGR off again, and see what state it is. After that will do the usual, recheck tyre pressure, refill tank and add fuel treatment, and take for a blast on the motorway.

Getting a little worried that it may be a more serious issue. One thing I have forgot to mention is that the fuel consumption has been dropping since i got it back from service. Any ideas??

cheers
Kaps

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#12 Kap

Kap

• Registered Member
  • 8 posts
  • First Name:K
  • Toyota Model: Avensis T180 Diesel - ~Hatchback
  • Year: 2007

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Just an update. The motor has been running at 33-34MPG since my last post. But last weekend the MPG suddenly dropped to 26MPG, and the digital read out for average MPG was fluctuating every few minutes. In the past it would not change for 20 minutes. However, since tuesday morning the MPG is slowly creeping back up, and I have got it to 31.9MPG.

Can anybody explain the sudden dip in MPG.

cheers
Kaps

#13 chrisDanes

chrisDanes

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Chris
  • Toyota Model: Prius
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

What more can i say? Did you try to bring your car to a shop? Well, fuel consumption for me is a major issue because it has a lot to do with my expenses especially now that fuel prices is going up because it's spring time.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users