Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Courtesy Light

paulmel

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to get into the drivers side, front interior courtesy light. It's the perspex push on, push off type. I think the bulb has gone but can't figure out how to get in and can't find anything in the owners manual.

Thanks.

The Haynes manual just says carefully lever off the dome light lens using a flat-bladed screwdriver. You may need to lever the bulb out , if so the manual says only do it on the ends. I think you are aware that the front light doesn't come on when the door is opened? (doesn't on mine anyway , not sure if it was changed for later models)

Mine does come on with opening doors, as it should. Noticed from your profile picture that you have a 4.2 , mine is the 4.3 which is probably a different set up.

So can anyone help with my original question?

Do'nt know the specifics of your light, but here goes,

The only lights that switches on/off with the lens cover I know is operated by pushing the end/top /bottom of that cover,i.e. was hinged one end and was got into by squeezing the end that moved and pulling it away.

Probably nothing like yours but thought I may as well give a punt anyway.

You never know it may prompt someone who has the solution to your problem.

Del

Anyone?

There's a wee thumbnail in this thread that can be enlarged and shows you where to stick a taped screwdriver. It also indicates where the clips are:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/electrical-and-computer-systems/64200-rav4-06-map-light-bulb-replace/

Good luck Paul and be careful not to lose the old bulb into the headlining :thumbsup:

Its exactly as Dave's post shows.

You know you just press the light lense to switch them on???

Yes I know how they turn on/off, the passenger one is fine, the drivers side one has just stopped working so presume it's the bulb.

Still, can't complain, other than having a new seat (drivers side developed a few minor splits above electric seat control buttons) which was replaced under warranty, first thing to go wrong / fail in nearly 4 years (March 30th) of ownership from new !