Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keep Or Trade In

gsimpson

Hi there,

I have an SR180 and the time has come to replace all 4 of those !Removed! runflat tyres.

Thankfully I have had only one puncture, long story already discussed in this forum 2 years ago.

My wife drives it and with an 18000/ year driving it's guzzles too much diesel.

So. My options

Trade in. With 4 new tyres required will a dealer actually touch this car, or give me a ridiculous price.

Keep it. Buy my wife a different car and I will drive the Rav, I only do 5000/year

Replace the tyres and alloys.

Keep the runflats but take out the bands and buy a spare.

It's a great car but I really do not know what to do.

I would greatly appreciate your help, knowledge, expertise.

I do have some dosh to purchase new alloys, replace tyres, whatever.

Thank you

Gary Simpson

Hi there,

I have an SR180 and the time has come to replace all 4 of those bloody runflat tyres.

Thankfully I have had only one puncture, long story already discussed in this forum 2 years ago.

My wife drives it and with an 18000/ year driving it's guzzles too much diesel.

So. My options

Trade in. With 4 new tyres required will a dealer actually touch this car, or give me a ridiculous price.

Keep it. Buy my wife a different car and I will drive the Rav, I only do 5000/year

Replace the tyres and alloys.

Keep the runflats but take out the bands and buy a spare.

It's a great car but I really do not know what to do.

I would greatly appreciate your help, knowledge, expertise.

I do have some dosh to purchase new alloys, replace tyres, whatever.

Thank you

Gary Simpson

Gary....if this car has otherwise given you no problems, I would be inclined to keep it and YOU use it for your 5000 annual miles, albeit I would be totally up for changing from Flunrats to normals (why change your alloys from the best looking oneS Toyota have ever done....?)

Downside of this apparently is that the D-CAT engine supposedly doesn't like short journeys, so you would require to give it a good motorway blast regularly to clean out the engine and DPF...AND FFS USE GOOD FUEL for that low mileage.

An element of "devil-ye-know" enters the fray here....you could trade it in and end up with more problems than "you think you might have.... one day".

Trust this OPINION is of some help in your final decision, and indeed a fellow member is currently selling a '180 alloy with standard tyre as a spare.

Big Kev

My options Trade in. With 4 new tyres required will a dealer actually touch this car, or give me a ridiculous price.

Of course the dealer will make an offer, he`ll replace the tyres at trade.

Theres only one way to find out how much they`ll offer. ;)

If you like it keep it, depreciation will be levelled off now and doing 5k a year for 2-3yrs will bring it back to average mileage, then you could sell on if you want.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links