Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuning Advice - Mines Ecu

Jonathan Hall

Hi. I'm new to the forum and have just bought myself a 1991 Celica Gt4 ST185 RC as a weekend car. I got my hands on a Turbo Technics Stage 2 S175 turbo which is yet to be fitted. I'm going to upgrade the head gasket to a metal set and change the bolts before the turbo is fitted as I believe this is strongly recommended. It has the usual 3" exhaust system with a 3" decat elbow. I know the RC has a more aggressive ECU compared with standard Gt4 one. I'm looking at buying a Mines ECU. There are some codes on the outer casing of the ECU box - 3SGT, MT, SW20. From the codes it looks like it’s for an MR2. I know the engines are nearly identical. Has anybody used one of these ECU's on a Celica RC before and will it work? Was the turbo upgraded and do you know if it’ll have any compatibility issues? Any help, advice or direction would be hugely appreciated.

Welcome to the TOC Jonathan.Try putting ypu question on the Celica forum for the best result.

Good luck with your mods.