• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • First Name:Magnus
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Corolla DX -84, Avensis 2004
  • Year: 2004

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

It is ridiculous to have to ask this question.
Last week I noticed that the left headlight was not working. I bought new lampbulbs. I changed the broken one and then I planned to change the other one. I thought if one is gone the other don't have much time left of its life.
But I could not find any way to get enough space to change the bulb on the right hand side. It feels like I have to remove the windscreen wash bottle and also the abs stuff that is placed near the washbottle. Am I correct or is there a much easier way to reach the headlamp bulbs on the right hand side?
By the way I had remove the battery on the left side to be able to reach that bulb.
It was much easier on the old Carina E.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Fitter

Fitter

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Toyota Model: 2007 Avensis 2.0L VVT Auto

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

It is possible to change the offside bulb. You need a pair of long nosed pliers and a flat bladed screwdriver. With the pliers turn the grey cap anti-clockwise a quarter turn noting its position for replacement. Bend the filler tube of the washer bottle back just far enoung to remove the light cap with the pliers. Lever off the connector with the screwdriver and using the pliers disengage the spring retainer on the bulb and lift it out with the pliers. Replacement is the reverse of this. I've done it in about ten minutes including removal of the covers over the radiator etc.

Fitter

#3 BALIKBAYAN

BALIKBAYAN

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • First Name:Magnus
  • Toyota Model: Corolla DX -84, Avensis 2004
  • Year: 2004

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thanx for your answer. I'll give it a try later today.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users