Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Approved Warranty?

Paulus17

When we bought our Rav from Toyota we were given a three month warranty with it,which we thought the norm for this age of car.

But after finding out that the Rav was an approved car shouldn't we have the twelve months warranty with it??

I have since asked the salesman who sold us the car and he said he would look into it,but when he dropped our new plates off the other night he sort of said that it was a grey area with Toyota and i should push em more to get it.

We have got the the twelve month cover with the AA,which i believe you only get if you have the twelve month warranty so we are a little confused.

So just wondering if any of you could shed a little light on the approved scheme for us before i get on the phone to Toyota.

Cheers :thumbsup:

When we bought our Rav from Toyota we were given a three month warranty with it,which we thought the norm for this age of car.

But after finding out that the Rav was an approved car shouldn't we have the twelve months warranty with it??

I have since asked the salesman who sold us the car and he said he would look into it,but when he dropped our new plates off the other night he sort of said that it was a grey area with Toyota and i should push em more to get it.

We have got the the twelve month cover with the AA,which i believe you only get if you have the twelve month warranty so we are a little confused.

So just wondering if any of you could shed a little light on the approved scheme for us before i get on the phone to Toyota.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi,

I see your car is a 2004. You bought in late 2011, so it may just have fallen outside the 7 year age limit to make it an "Approved Toyota" and is simply a car sold by a Toyota Dealer?

Info from Approved info....

"We have increased the vehicle age eligibility of used Toyota vehicles on the scheme from 5 years and 60,000 miles, to seven years with no upper mileage limit, to offer you even greater peace of mind."

Thanks both for your replies :thumbsup:

Jedi-the Rav had 39500 on the clock when we bought it,and is in immaculate condition for the year.

Hoovie-I take your point about the age but looking at the website where we bought it from they have a 2002 Avensis i think it is,with 60,000 on the clock, under the Approved scheme,which i pointed out to the salesman the other night.

I think it is Toyota who have those limits, not the dealer, so TBH it sounds like the Dealer is not fully in touch with what they should be doing!

Errmmmm .... "I have since asked the salesman who sold us the car and he said he would look into it,but when he dropped our new plates off the other night he sort of said that it was a grey area with Toyota and i should push em more to get it."

Why is he telling you that YOU should push them. Get the lazy so and so to do his job!!

If you were told that you car was an "Used Approved" Toyota then you should 100% get the dealer to confirm the cover - and if it does not have it due to an age limit, I think they should provide their own equivalent cover FOC.

What is the dealer?

Of you received your AA details you should have receieved a letter from ToyotaGB congratulating you on your purchase and advising of your warranty status as well as the fact you are now part of club Toyota.

Double check your paper work from Toyota. I add that my paperwork took a we while to come thru.

If its the same as the ones i used to sell approved the salesman has to log the vehicle onto a system to trigger the process. They (the dealer) then get billed for the adding the vehicle, not wanting to be a cynic but perhaps the salesman hasnt done it....

Kingo will know for sure on what should be done by the dealer.

Dont tell me the dealers been telling porkies? :huh:

I always thought that any car bought from a Main dealer will always have a 12 months warranty, regardless of mileage and age?

If the cars not suitable for their fore court they send them to auction? or pass them round the dealership network?

Or get one of their staff to sell it private.............In auototrader etc? If their really dodgy!

If its a real dodgy car a trader will normally have it, then they will sell it onto Daves Auto's, the type of place thats there once day and gone the next!

HERE is where we bought our Rav from and was listed in the approved selection of cars.

We have had the paper work through welcoming us to the Toyota club with the full AA cover for twelve months,but we also had paperwork stating that we only have the three months warranty from Toyota in Gloucester.

The salesman did tell us that it only had three months warranty when we bought it.

As i say though,we didn't know what the approved scheme was so didn't pay much attention to it,we just thought it meant the car had been fully checked over??

I think the phrase of "Please find below the current selection of Approved Used Cars at Toyota World Solihull." makes it look like they are all Toyota Approved used cars.

Interesting that the link from the Toyota.co.uk website to the same Dealer has a much shorter list.....

They will say, allegedly of course!!.............. if anything dodgy comes to light, "Sollihull Toyota acted independantly from Toyota UK, as such we are not responsible for their actions" :huh:

"It was the dealerships fault and beyond our control, Toyota Sollihull is now no longer part of our dealership network..............allegedly of course!! :unsure:

Anything like this should be written on the order form to avoid any future issue, to be fair though a Petrol low mileage 4.2 isnt that likely to be using the warranty though, is it? I would like to think not.

I may be wrong but I believe that the approved Toyota used scheme has 3-month & 12-month warranties. When I bought our 54-reg last May, the selling details clearly said 12 months TGB warranty but when the paperwork came through, it was for 3 months but was clearly a TGB warranty. Fortunately the dealer's back office had simply got it wrong & when I poiinted it out, they immediately issued the 12-month papers.

I've seen both 3 & 12-month TGB warranties listed against Toyota Approved used cars in the past.

Re Club Toyota, as far as I'm aware, it doesn't automatically infer any warranty from TGB. WE have CT on the 02 car but it is now too old for the extended TGB warranty so we have it with Warranty Direct. The value of CT though is that it gives you things like recovery, home start, free courtesy car, overnight accomodation (if required), accident management, etc. At the price, I reckon it's a much better deal than ordinart AA or RAC membership.

I found THIS which again just mentions the twelve months warranty with the extra benefits that come with that.

But as i say we already have the CT stuff and the full AA cover,with the three month warranty which i'd have thought you wouldn't have got :huh:

We even cancelled our RAC membership because of the cover we have now through the CT.

Whos knows mate maybe the salespirate got more comission for himself for not selling you the 12 month one?????

They are as slippery as eels, that have been marinated in slick 50 and coated with Du pont teflon :D

Whos knows mate maybe the salespirate got more comission for himself for not selling you the 12 month one?????

They are as slippery as eels, that have been marinated in slick 50 and coated with Du pont teflon :D

:lol: :lol:

To be fair to em they have been pretty good,and we was surprised when thesalesman turned up Friday evening with our new plates.

He did say he would look into it for us so i suppose we should also keep pushing em for it if it is part of the approved scheme even for our year Rav??

• 4 weeks later...

Well folks just thought i would update this post with the latest news.

It seems we are now getting the twelve month warranty on our Rav,even though i'm still not sure if it was entitled to it which was my aim in asking about the approved scheme,which our Rav was put under.

So i have just been told that it will be easier just for them to give us the twelve month warranty :thumbsup:

So i just gotta wait for the paperwork to come so all is good :)

We even got the cheque back last week for that Battery we bought so i have to say that they have been really good with us.

This is by far the best dealings we have had with a main dealer :thumbsup:

Just got the MOT to deal with now next month with them.

Cheers David :thumbsup:

The wrist is driving me nuts :Jumpy:

Just another three weeks with the cast on :nopity:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links