Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sienna Tire Problem

TWilson

I'm researching an issue with my 2002 Sienna LE. We just noticed excessive tire wear and had it at the dealer who stated the tires were all bad (all 4 - evenly worn but all at less than 2/32 tread). There is 23,100 miles on the van and driven by a "soccer mom". It's been in service for 26 months so it is being driven less than 1000 miles/month.

The dealer also recommended an alignment as the "Toe" was out on both front tires (-.08 left, -.02 right). The Goodyear dealer that I had replace the tires and align the van stated that was "excessive" for a vehicle with 23K (assuming no major impact).

The tires were OEM Dunlop SP40s which supposedly have a 60,000 warranty (for lack of a better word). Toyota blames Dunlop for the problem and Dunlop blames Toyota... I've researched many sites and found that there are myriads of complaints that the tires wear out on Siennas around 20K.

And of course, the "toe" problem is because we hit a curb or pothole, but they won't explain how it would affect BOTH front tires (and neither of the 2 drivers of the vehicle ever remember any significant "impact"). No tire or rim damage.

I've seen other posts about the Sienna's having an alignment problem and I've been told there are TSBs out there about an alignment issue with subsequent premature tire wear, but my local Toyota service manager (Madison WI) denies any such Service Bulletins exist...

Has anyone else experienced either of these TIREWEAR and/or ALIGNMENT problems?

• 3 months later...

There is usually a district or area service manager that oversees a group of dealer repairs. Call Toyota customer service and get that persons name. While you're on the phone with them, you can also ask them about TSBs - but still contact the regional guy too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links