Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Model Rav4

I was sitting in the stealers, and a delivery truck turned up with a brand spanking 2012 model year Rav on board, when no one was looking I had a nose through the window.

it now comes with "touch" with rear view camera as standard along with a start/stop button so keyless start maybe?

"touch and go" the nav system is a £750 option.

just found this on the new model

The 2012 RAV4 gets subtle equipment upgrades; there are new alloys for XTR and SR models, and XTR models gain a keyless entry system.

Most significant, though, is the addition of Toyota Touch – a touch-screen control system – for all versions. The more sophisticated Touch and Go system is now standard on higher-spec cars and an option for the rest of the range.

The Touch and GO system includes:

• Sat-nav

• Live traffic information

• SMS text message function

bluetooth

• Google local search and downloadable apps

• Rear-view camera

• Audio streaming function

• iPod album cover display

Gus

Nothing to distract you while driving, then.

C.

I was sitting in the stealers, and a delivery truck turned up with a brand spanking 2012 model year Rav on board, when no one was looking I had a nose through the window.

it now comes with "touch" with rear view camera as standard along with a start/stop button so keyless start maybe?

"touch and go" the nav system is a £750 option.

just found this on the new model

The 2012 RAV4 gets subtle equipment upgrades; there are new alloys for XTR and SR models, and XTR models gain a keyless entry system.

Most significant, though, is the addition of Toyota Touch – a touch-screen control system – for all versions. The more sophisticated Touch and Go system is now standard on higher-spec cars and an option for the rest of the range.

The Touch and GO system includes:

• Sat-nav

• Live traffic information

• SMS text message function

• Bluetooth

• Google local search and downloadable apps

• Rear-view camera

• Audio streaming function

• iPod album cover display

Gus

Hi Gus

When my RAV was in for an engine change 3 weeks ago I had a Yarris courtesy car with this unit fitted. Very impressed with it. MUCH MUCH better than previous units and far more intutive to operate.

Also the Touch and Go system comes with 3 years worth of free map updates (one update every six months)!

Wonder if this is the prequel to the new Rav being introduced next year.

Regards Clare

according to the sales guy, so take with a pinch of salt, the internals of the Rav where being left behind by the CR-V/Kuga.

and I guess this is easy to update, but I did note the keyless start and entry as standard which is useful but common on other competitors although as an option.

Gus

Looks like Googles Android Os..............there getting on the Car sat nav systems now it seems.............

Microsoft will follow next........Sat Nav in car entertainment wars................

I love the keyless entry on mine. One of the reasons for getting a 2010 rather than new.

No no no! No more money on cars!!!

Sorry Don, I couldn’t follow your restrained example, I have succumbed today to the new model, the deal was too good and also this model solves some of the niggles I had with my current model.

Gus

Sorry Don, I couldn’t follow your restrained example, I have succumbed today to the new model, the deal was too good and also this model solves some of the niggles I had with my current model.

Gus

Pictures, pictures.................

Blimey O'Rielly - nice one. Details and as Dvae says........

There's that typo again!!!

Give me a chance.... you'll have to wait until March 1st :lol: gosh you lot and your piccies.

Gus

Edit just remembered might have to wait for the piccies as Ihave to go to Buxton March 1st/2nd give it a good run in though.

question - to superguard or not?

Gus, did heart rule head!!!!!! Only joking, a wicked choice. I was sat in one on Thursday at Main Dealers, they are pretty awesome. I think someone at the Toyota higher archy has pulled out their finger and realised there is competion out there.

Regards Clare

No coming to Buxton without calling at my house for a brew :nono:

I've never bothered with exterior coatings but this one of mine has it and I can still find evidence of it staying. You have to negoitiate though.

Found this too;

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/toyota-rav4-2012-arrives-early/261017

Give me a chance.... you'll have to wait until March 1st :lol: gosh you lot and your piccies.

Gus

Edit just remembered might have to wait for the piccies as Ihave to go to Buxton March 1st/2nd give it a good run in though.

GUSTAVUS MON AMI....A BLOODY GREAT RESOUNDICATING NO TO SUPERGUARDING......Charlie probably still on his travellations but bet he would also concur it is no better than you could do yourself with the same products he and others recommended to me. Don's does indeed still show evidence of decent "water beading", but his car is mint and has been garaged I bet.

Will PM what I would use, which is dead easy to do and does not require over exertification of yer aging body.....!!!! Muchos congrats on new car also too forbyye but though.

Jealous Kev

Gus

Hi Gus,

I had Super Guard on my LC4 (Astral Black) and it was a complete b4st4rd to keep clean. However, I had a RAV4 Granite in the same colour before the LC but without Super Guard & it was nowhere near as difficult to keep clean. As a result of that experience, I swore to never have Super Guard again!

Supagard is a great product .................................for increasing salesman's wedge out of the deal.

Lots of other cheaper and far more effective products as Kev has indicated.

Thank you Kev, I look forward to reading your PM.

Not sure if I will get the chance to stop by Don, wifes major birthday and also major wedding anniversary is the reason for visiting, so car chat might be a short cut to D I V O R C E or serious bodily injury, think Bobbit. hopefully next time or when we get a Rav meet together if ever.

Gus

Will let you into the secret- Collonites 845 Insulator Wax and Jetseal 109. Big kev taught me all I know and these two are the one,s.

Gus if I had the money and no part/x I would snap your hand off!!!!!

Regards Clare

Thank you Kev, I look forward to reading your PM.

Not sure if I will get the chance to stop by Don, wifes major birthday and also major wedding anniversary is the reason for visiting, so car chat might be a short cut to D I V O R C E or serious bodily injury, think Bobbit. hopefully next time or when we get a Rav meet together if ever.

Gus

PM SCENTED GUS

Big Kev

Gus

GUSTAVUS MON AMI....A !Removed! GREAT RESOUNDICATING NO TO SUPERGUARDING......Charlie probably still on his travellations but bet he would also concur it is no better than you could do yourself with the same products he and others recommended to me. Don's does indeed still show evidence of decent "water beading", but his car is mint and has been garaged I bet.

Will PM what I would use, which is dead easy to do and does not require over exertification of yer aging body.....!!!! Muchos congrats on new car also too forbyye but though.

Jealous Kev

Please DO NOT go for Supergaurd. It simply is a complete and utter waste of money.. The sponge applicator costs a fiver and applying to a new car takes less than an hour. The seat stuff is just as bad..

If You only ever listen to one thing I repeatedly say ..... Please do not waste You coin on that Carp............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links