Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light Bulb Type Or Model Number

moonknight

Jordan and Marc have ordered a set of the HID's Marc , if they are ok I can fit them with the other things.

David

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• moonknight

• JordaniQ

• DFish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might have to add those to my list for you. ;) I see an expensive bill from you. :)

Fish

Just to go back to the orange indicators for a mo, I've done it, Braved the cold and fitted them. It is literally a 5 minute job per bulb if that, very easy access to all bulbs which is a nice change, Had to take half a Ford KA apart once to get to one dodgy headlight bulb!

Pictures below, I think you can work out what ones are before and after. :)

Bulbs are Silvatech BU582S T20 capless bulbs and I got them through ebay form a chap called car Modz, Delivered next day too. They appear a very nice silver colour when unlit and glow a very bright orange when turned on. Just what they should do really. :)

The original orange bulbs are on the right in the last picture and the new ones on the left. I also did the rear lights but didn't photograph them.

My first modification. :) :)

Craig.

Hey Craig, looks good man! Is it possible to take a picture of the lights signalling? Would be great to see how orange and bright it is when it's lit up. Thanks

Having a look at the circuit diagram for the head light assembly. I initially thought that for the headlight to be on "dipped" the voltage was reduced. But measuring the voltage on it today whilst fitting thr HID's it was 13.8 nominal. Having cheked the workshop manual, there is a solenoid and is actuated on full beam mode and one assumes it moves a mirror'd surface and directs the light through the lens saving the need for 2 bulbs

David

Think I read somewhere a while back that same thing about the bulbs adjusting for full beam. Might be why the bulbs are so stupidly expensive.

So did you go for a hi-lo beam setup?

Fish

Hey Craig, looks good man! Is it possible to take a picture of the lights signalling? Would be great to see how orange and bright it is when it's lit up. Thanks

Hi Kevin

Sorry for the delay, had a busy weekend and didn't get a picture, I'll have a go one evening or at the weekend. I can say they are pretty much the same as the original orange bulbs though. I tried changing one side at a time to see if I could tell the difference but no noticeable drop in performance.

Craig.

Hey Craig,

It's all right, I'm not in a hurry to change the light bulbs. But yeah, if you have time please take a few shots :) Thanks

Hi Dan,

I had a look on-line, No just bought the ones that Jordan gave the link to, The only hard bit was working on the lamp next to the fuse box. To get the new cables into the housing if you want it sealed as original, you have to cut a 25mm hole in the bulb covers and it seals with a grommet Took about a couple of hours including warming myself up sessions.

David

Or if you're not bothered about the covers, just straight plug and play :P HID's been in for about 2-3 months now through wind and rain without the covers and theyre fine

Jordan

Isn't there a possibility of condensation or contaminated optics without the cover. This is mine.

david . Strangely my camera is having problems with certain red's

post-109788-0-34242600-1329315711_thumb.

post-109788-0-06807200-1329315745_thumb.

Well the bulbs already have to be screwed on tightly and condensation occurs regardless. It's just for peace of mind really. On the American scion forum, no one puts the covers back on neither

Btw, got my wheels! Just ordered the lugs. Hopefully they'll be on ASAP :P

Jordan

Again from memory, isn't there a spare simple on the cover that could be cut off and cable pushed thru?

Fish

Not that i am aware of. The HID's came with the grommet on the cable so it was just a case of drilling a hole and threading it through.

David

Right, Tried to take some pictures today of the indicators when their on, not an easy task it proved! :)

I don't think the pictures give a good impression really but I do think the new bulbs are as bright as the original orange bulbs.

Also fitted my front and rear mudflap kit and a glove box / bag today. Chrome interior door handles and footwell lights are next on the list but not today as it's started raining now. :(

Craig.

post-116364-0-66996300-1329579276_thumb.

post-116364-0-64791400-1329579299_thumb.

post-116364-0-62522100-1329579360_thumb.

post-116364-0-42890900-1329579380_thumb.

Looking good there Graig. Best way get show the lights would be a short video when it gets dark. :)

Fish

• 1 month later...

Did anybody have trouble fitting in the chrome indicator lights at the rear? The front fitted fine for me. But these lights wouldn't fit at the rear? Are they different at the rear? It looks the same though.. I bought the same one as Craig. These: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150512894718&clk_rvr_id=314725809932&afsrc=1&clk_rvr_id=327104516962&afsrc=1

Anybody have any idea what the problem is?

Kevin

Well Kevin I have the same one's as Craig and it was just a case of un-clipping the panel, turn the bulb holder half a turn anti-clockwise or counter- clockwise depending where you are in the world and out the holder and bulb pop. Simply "wiggle" the bulb out and push new one back in and re-fit.

David

post-109788-0-89449500-1332749237_thumb.

David, I did everything you mentioned up until the last step. The chrome bulb just wouldn't go in no matter how much I wiggled it. The thing is.. the stock bulb and the chrome bulb looks exactly the same... but it just doesn't fit.. It only goes in half way. The bulb does turn on when I tested it. But its not all the way in and I didn't feel the click. I'm all out of ideas now :(

Well my guess its a matter of observation. First try taking one of your newly fitted bulbs from the front and see if that fits.Obviously if it does try swapping it with the front one. If it doesn't fit then you have to get the rear original bulb and your new one and look very very carefully at the difference between them. The fact is there MUST be a difference it may mean a bit of adjustment. The front bulb holder is the same as the rear one . Is the folded back wire getting caught in the holder as it gets half way. The answer is observation .

David

How about giving us a picture of the bulbs side by side and then of the ends that plug into the plugs. The bulbs might have differences in the moldings.

Fish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links