Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Bulb Type Or Model Number

moonknight

Think the original bulbs are all glass enclosure and the silver one is a plastic jacket. Cant remember without pulling it out again

David

• 1 month later...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• moonknight

• JordaniQ

• DFish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, I want to give this another try for the rear indicator lights. But I don't think I will get the Silvatech ones anymore because they don't seem to fit the rear lights. So I found these two:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110736561278?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-7443-Chrome-Amber-Light-Bulb-Park-Signal-Backup-/120622006344?_trksid=p4340.m185

Basically one is 7440 and one is 7443. Which one is the right one? Also, I noticed in the picture there are two metal things on the side.. the silvatech ones only had one silver thing on the side.. so it makes me wonder if either of these will fit at all. Please let me know. Thanks

Kevin

The first link (7440) are what I have installed, and they appear to be the same as the 7443's, but I wouldn't commit 100% on that.

So in other words.... GET THE FIRST PAIR. ;)

Fish

Yes the first pair. they are T20 fitment. Having said that Silvatec are the ones in both my front and rear lenses.

David

All right thanks guys. I'll give the 7440 a shot. But do you guys think it's possible that the fitting for the rear indicator light is different for the Scion? I just don't understand why it would fit the front and not the rear. Even the stock rear light bulbs look exactly the same... but the chrome ones just wouldn't go in.

Kevin

I alone with David, have used 7440's in both front and rears without issue. I'd very much doubt they are different.

Fish

I got one last question before I make the purchase. How come there's two metal things on the outside for this one:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

And there's only one metal thing on the Silvatech one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-Indicator-Bulbs-SILVATEC-BU582-T20-Capless-Wedge-/150512894718?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230b4482fe

Kevin

There is only one connection per side in the bulb holder so it only needs one connection on each side of the bulb.

Not sure why the first ones have those shown on the same side?

I have the Silvertech bulbs in my car and they fitted fine and work great. :)

Craig.

If you look at the plugs they have the connectors for either side of the bulb. So if they are not folder to one side they are folded to the other and still will have an electrial connection. You know so the bulb will light up. :)

Fish

So it is okay to have both of those metal connectors on one side and not one on each side?

Kevin

Have a look at the plug when you remove the original bulb. As in the words of the great Jimmy Cliff..... I can see clearly now the bulb is out. :D

Fish

Yes and I can see all obstacles in my way

David

Ok I'll have a look. But do you guys remember if the ones you bought had the metal things all on one side or one on each side?

I bought the Silvertech ones and they had one connection on each side of the bulb and so did the originals I removed from the car.

Pretty certain the bulb holders are like that too, Only one blade per side of the bulb.

Silvertech bulbs on the left and original orange ones on the right in the picture

Craig.

post-116364-0-47498400-1337243859_thumb.

Same as Craig.... one either side.

Fish

So the one with 2 on one side, the first link that you guys told me to buy, should I still buy it? The stock bulb I got is also one on each side.

You could just buy them, if the don't fit or work send them back for a refund ;)

why don't you just get the bulb that has the wire wrap both on the same side and with a fine pair of pliers un wrap one of the wire connectors and fold it over to the other side and form it into shape so it looks like the bulb that came out.

Sorted

David

Personally I'd take a closer look at the silvertech ones you already have and find out why they didn't fit. They should fit fine, all of ours have and the bulb holders are the same front and back so if you fitted them in the front, those bulbs should fit in the back.

How about a picture of the bulb holder for us?

Craig.

Not being rude this saga has been going on a long while. It must be obvious to compare the Silvatech bulbs with the originals and imediately see any differences. Or at least when you offer the bulb into the socket you must be able to see why it doesnt fit and how it differs from the stock one

David

Hey guys, I understand this is issue is taking a while to resolve, so you can imagine how I'm feeling. I finally got a chance to take a picture of the two bulbs side by side. As you can see they are pretty much the same.. there are some differences.. but have a look, maybe you guys can see what the problem is.

Kevin

post-117289-0-20948700-1337334648_thumb.

uhhh... you want to explain why this is such an epic fail?

If you haven't been following.. that chrome bulb is the Silvatec one. Craggle bought the same ones and it fits. It also fits the indicator lights at the front my car.. so if you think I got the wrong one then you're the epic fail..

My silvatech are not all glass like yours. The base of mine is plastic and is all but flat except in the middle at the bottom edge there is a small wedge and if you look inside the socket ther is a bulb gripper each side which grips the small wedge and holds the bulb in. In your picture there looks to be a raised glass area in the middle at the bottom where the grippers are in the socket so the middle bit lools to "fat" to get past the grippers. It might go in if you pushed it quite hard as the grippers would de- press allowing it in

David

Show us a picture of the inside of the socket

David