Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Bulb Type Or Model Number

moonknight

OK I have been following your repeated requests to tell you what bulbs to buy for a month+ now, there have been various people either post on threads, pm or both with you, yet you still fail to take some initiative and just maybe waste $10 trying something out!

Take a better look at the picture and you might just notice that the wires coming out of the silver bulb are not flush against the glass, this would be why it is tight plugging them in!

Bored now, if only there was a way to place people on an ignore list!

Fish

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• moonknight

• JordaniQ

• DFish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my Silvatec bulb as you can see its very flat and fits in the socket with ease It is also plastic unlike yours. Yours is too thick and you beed to use a small file and file the raised area in the middle of the base both sides, You must see the socket try to bulge when you try to push it in

post-109788-0-55567400-1337369770_thumb.

post-109788-0-66708100-1337369811_thumb.

OK I have been following your repeated requests to tell you what bulbs to buy for a month+ now, there have been various people either post on threads, pm or both with you, yet you still fail to take some initiative and just maybe waste $10 trying something out!

Take a better look at the picture and you might just notice that the wires coming out of the silver bulb are not flush against the glass, this would be why it is tight plugging them in!

Bored now, if only there was a way to place people on an ignore list!

Fish

None of what you said made sense. "Waste $10 to try something out"? What do you think that chrome bulb is? I wasted $10 on that and it didn't fit... And also, the wires not being flush you mentioned... they weren't like that when I got them obviously... otherwise I would have returned them if they were all warped. I played around with it to try to make it fit.. When I got it it was exactly like the amber one..

and lol... if you want to ignore just don't click on this thread.. you contributed nothing anyways.. you're just trolling and saying EPIC FAIL... if you want to be a troll go to youtube or something..

Here is my Silvatec bulb as you can see its very flat and fits in the socket with ease It is also plastic unlike yours. Yours is too thick and you beed to use a small file and file the raised area in the middle of the base both sides, You must see the socket try to bulge when you try to push it in

Yea I'll try filing down some of the thicker parts and see if it'll fit. Also, you mentioned your chrome bulb has a plastic end. My chrome bulb has a glass end, and the stock amber bulb also has a glass end. Don't glass ends and plastic ends have different fitting? Because you told me to get the one with the glass end earlier. I'll take a picture of inside the socket when I get the chance.

The thing you have to remember is i buy lots of things for my car and some i use and some i dont so cant always remember details like fitments. I kimds work on the idea that they fit and i use them or they dont and i dont or they just dont look good and i dont use them. I cant always remembet the source either or versions. Mine and yours are the same manufacturer so i dont know why yours is glass and mine have a plastic base. You need to get a ruler preferably with milimeres or 16's or 32's of an inch and accuratly measure your original bulb for thicknesd in the middle of the base. And you new one. My giess is the new one is thicker probably due to the tollerances in manufacture. The glass is thick there and not part of the gas enclosure. Get a small modeling file it should file quite easily. The rear one's on my car are tighter thsn the front to fit. You will get them to fit its just the lump in the middle thats too thick

David

If you look closely at your new bulb it has a glass column down the midfle of the base and a gap in it. The gap is where the spring clip in the socket grips the bulb holding it in place. Its only the bottom part of the colomn that you have to file as the top part doesnt go into the socket but rests on the top of the spring clip in the socket

David

The thing you have to remember is i buy lots of things for my car and some i use and some i dont so cant always remember details like fitments. I kimds work on the idea that they fit and i use them or they dont and i dont or they just dont look good and i dont use them. I cant always remembet the source either or versions. Mine and yours are the same manufacturer so i dont know why yours is glass and mine have a plastic base. You need to get a ruler preferably with milimeres or 16's or 32's of an inch and accuratly measure your original bulb for thicknesd in the middle of the base. And you new one. My giess is the new one is thicker probably due to the tollerances in manufacture. The glass is thick there and not part of the gas enclosure. Get a small modeling file it should file quite easily. The rear one's on my car are tighter thsn the front to fit. You will get them to fit its just the lump in the middle thats too thick

David

Craggle and I both have glass bases. We bought the exact same bulb. His fit, mine didn't. Yours is plastic base.. I'm starting to think every car is different lol

Kevin

Craig and Dan also said their's was a lot harder to push in the rear sockets

David

Yea, I guess with these type of things you just gotta buy a few and hope one of them fits. David, I got one more question for you. Did your stock amber bulb also come with the plastic end? Or did it come with a glass end like mine and craggles, but you just decided to use a plastic end? I'm asking because I'm thinking about buying another pair of glass ends and one pair of plastic ends just in case.

Kevin

The stock ones were glass and the ones i ordered on the ney were showm as glass but when they arrived they had a plastic base. The thing is they are both T20 bases and i am sure all you need to do is use a fair amount of pressure and it will go in. My originals were tight to get out. Its only the middle clips holding/ preventimg it fron going in easily. If you push hard enough it will de-press the clips more and it will go in

David

Trust me, I pushed hard enough, even got a few of my buddies to try too. It's definitely too thick like you mentioned and needs to be sanded down. So you're saying the plastic ends will fit even if the socket originally had a glass ends? Are these the ones you got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7440-Silver-Chrome-Natural-Amber-Bulb-/170761721404?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c231163c&vxp=mtr

If it is, I'll get those and the ones with glass end mentioned before.

Kevin

A fine hobby file will file that bottom glass colomb by about 1/16 inch each side of the bulb. But yes the link looks like the ones i have

David