Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa 2.0 D4D Engine Knock

marknic

hi i could use a little help here my 2005 2.0 previa d4d with 130k on clock has developed a knocking noise ive put a mechanics stethascope on the engine and it seems to be high up in the engine cyl head area towards cambelt end,it knocks when reved up and as the engine speed drops also the tickover seams higher than norm at approx 1000 rpm i suspect injector knock and im having them tested at present ,ive checked the clearances on the cam and valves they seam ok ive lifted the camshaft bearing caps they seam ok with no signs of wear, someone has suggested the engine speed sensor giving out false info to the injectors ,but im not sure, apart from the noise the car runs fine with plenty of go and no visible signs of smoke and no engine warning lights on dash ,if its a sensor or injector would it show as a fault code ,just for the record it sounds like the old transit 2.5 direct injection engine when retarded too far, next step is cams out and checking valve springs unless theres any good ideas out there thanks for your time regards, mark.

Hi Mark, you`ll hopefully have more response if you repost in another section mate. ;)

hi thanks for the welcome im still getting to grips with the computer age [ one finger typing, etc] and trying to find my way round the toc once again thanks i hope i dont have to type that lot again, lol

hi thanks for the welcome im still getting to grips with the computer age [ one finger typing, etc] and trying to find my way round the toc once again thanks i hope i dont have to type that lot again, lol

We`ve all been there bud !

To copy, left click and highlight the bit you want then right click to paste where you want it, done :)

Managed ok then Mark, lets hope you get some answers now eh ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links