Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Head Unit

Aland545

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace the factory fitted 'head unit' on my 2011 Auris TR D4D. with a multi-media unit inc sat nav but do not feel like paying £1600 for the Toyota TNS510.

I'm interested to know if anyone has done something like this, and what are the pitfalls (if any) such as matching the wiring/ connections, and any effects from Battery disconnection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, whilst I don't have my Auris yet I considered the same just before I ordered it. There are a few breakers on eBay and around the country to a few poorly Auris 2010, 2011, 2012 models. One guy quoted me £950 for the TNS510 out of a 2011 Auris being broken for parts. I went with the touch and go in the end but if I hadn't it's nice to know there are other options.

Hope that helps. As for changing the head unit, search within the site, I did find a link to an external site yesterday which shows you how. Based upon the myriad of other cars i've put aftermarket head units into the Auris is relatively painless.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My dealer told me that 'touch & go' would not be available until 2013 on this model.

Regards

Alan

I did something like that, but I installed the factory navigation that comes with AURIS (B9030). It looks like that:

img0938z.jpg

I covered the name of the street.

The installation is as easy as washing the car. You just remove the old radio, unplug all wires. You plug all wires to the SAT NAV plus one wire that goes to the rear gear sensor and speed sensor (PZ445-00333-04) and all done. If you want to use the built in bluetooth phone (both in b9030 and tns510) you have to buy a microphone for around 50 EURO in your dealership. It fits both b9030 and tns510: PZ445-00333-02. If you dont have the gps antenna bought with satnav unit you can buy this for around 200 EURO: PZ445-00333-05, or you can buy a spare one, produced in CHINA for around 30 EURO on eBay.

Hi Tomasz,

Is the b9030 available in the uk?

My 2011 Auris has a mic in the roof so that's not a problem. My question related to possible wiring modifications etc.

My car seems to have a similar 'head' layout to yours, so what you say sounds promising.

Regards

Alan

the installation is plug and play + you need to connect the speed/reverse sensor wiring. about the availability, check eBay.co.uk or try to talk with guys who sell used parts for cars.

you dealership would quote a price around 2000 pounds i think

or

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c23ee778

but still it is quite expensive, while in Poland you can buy TNS510 for around 300 pounds.

• 7 months later...

Hi All

Sorry if I’m out of place for just jumping in the conversation (I have never used threads before) and i am unsure on where i need to ask this question.

I have just purchased a Auris Hybrid 2011 and want to install the B9030 Sat nav system.

I already have the rear view camera and bluetooth mic installed din the car.

My question is, if I buy the B9030 is it as simple as just taking the old unit out and pluging the new one in! or will I have to do some modifications?

I thank you all in advance and I hope you can help

Thanks

Chris

• 1 year later...

I had W53848 (usd, aux, mic in the roof, bluetooth, camera in rear-view mirror) in Auris hybrid 2011, got B9030, connected - mic in the roof does not work. On www.toyota-tech.eu bought "Online Subscriptions" - money wasted, their Electric Wiring Diagram in EM1531EN does not match neither W53848 or B9030 for my ZWE150 (L). Can anyone help me with wiring modifications in order to get the original mic in the roof and camera in 9030? What can I get proper wiring diagrams for W53848 and B9030 units?

• 3 years later...

would like info on the W53848 myself, want to upgrade the basic player with one, all functions work but does not get signal, DAB, AM or FM with the aerial plugged into either of the two aerial sockets

Clayton

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links