Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 2Nd Or 3Rd Generation?

jonny t

i own a 2005 rav 4 and want to order some wind deflectors off eBay however i have been asked if it is a 2nd or 3rd generation rav 4 to make sure the correct ones are sent out. how do i know which it is?

Check out the stickies, there is one post on identifying your RAV.

i own a 2005 rav 4 and want to order some wind deflectors off ebay however i have been asked if it is a 2nd or 3rd generation rav 4 to make sure the correct ones are sent out. how do i know which it is?

Well .... THIS Forum would identify your 2005 RAV4 as a 2nd generation (and call it a RAV4.2.5) , BUT it is possible other people may have a different definition due to mid-life Facelifts.

Post the link to the eBay item and maybe there will be some more clues in there to be sure.

If you do buy and fit them could you post some pictures up, please? I may be interested in a set myself but would like to see them fitted to a Rav4 first.

Thanks. Jim.

If you do buy and fit them could you post some pictures up, please? I may be interested in a set myself but would like to see them fitted to a Rav4 first.

Thanks. Jim.

Jim / Jonny : make sure you have a wee stock of say 20mm double sided sticky tape as the amount you usually get with these wind deflectorisers is usually pretty meagre. Also the instructions will / should stress the cleanliness of the rubber window seal these ultimately adhere to is of great importance to longevity of them staying stuck in place.....make sure you adhere (...!!!) to this guidance or it will come aff when you open the window. (Yep....been there.....)

Big kev

i own a 2005 rav 4 and want to order some wind deflectors off ebay however i have been asked if it is a 2nd or 3rd generation rav 4 to make sure the correct ones are sent out. how do i know which it is?

Hi Jonny, I don't know whether you bought and fitted those ones you were after off eBay? I had a set of those (still have, as new and for sale!) but relaced them for EGR ones as I didn't think they were big enough for what I wanted! They are quality though made in Germany I think? The EGR ones from Australia are better I think and are maybe something for you to consider ( I have headlight covers by the same company which are also very good!) See pics!

Steve

post-115478-0-04952500-1329001514_thumb.

post-115478-0-13508600-1329001565_thumb.

post-115478-0-78234300-1329001590_thumb.

post-115478-0-88208900-1329001609_thumb.

the ones i am looking at buying sniper are inserted into the window rubber and not stuck on. would never use stuck on deflectors as i have had these on previous cars and they have just blew off!

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of these EGR wind deflectors from? I had some of the HEKO deflectors but they were much too narrow for my use. I have been searching for some of the wider ones for a while.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

2004 Rav4.2 5door

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Keironski,

I've just fitted the German made Climair ones front and rear. They're about 3" wide , fit inside the window channel and are easy ( but scary ) to fit ! - they have to be bent beyond what you think they'll take to get in the channels but they're a good fit and look the dogs dangly bits. Mine were from eBay and cost £84.50 inc free p&p - not cheap but they do look like they were factory fitted ( well apart from the Climair made in Germany logo )

Might be worth seeing if they do a wider one if 3" isn't enough for you.

Norm

the ones i am looking at buying sniper are inserted into the window rubber and not stuck on. would never use stuck on deflectors as i have had these on previous cars and they have just blew off!

My EGR's have been on for over 2.5 years and are as secure now as the day they were fixed on! The success of placing things like this onto a car is all about the '7 p's' = Prior Planning and Preperation Prevent P--s Poor Performance! The surface must be clinicaly (detergent then alcohol) clean before attaching the 3M tape...if you do this you will have no problems at all! I have had many makes and types of these on all different owned vehicles (Mostly 4x4) and IMHO EGR's are by far the best...oh and they look good too!

post-115478-0-18549200-1405807291_thumb.

post-115478-0-86927700-1405807435_thumb.

Note: On both photo's you may notice the headlamp covers....thes too are made by EGR!

Also take a look at a previous reply I gave to this post..there are moro pics!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links